rocky lift

Coil spacers on top of 4" springs... :shake:

No control arms... :shake:

Bolt on SOA is questionable...liked by some...dreaded by others.

They do use a good coil spring from OME, but over all it falls in the category of "you get what you pay for" ;) . By the time you add the control arms & shocks that you will need, the price is still going to be $800 - $900.

Absolutely. They need to be the correct length for the amount of lift. This will correct the suspension geometry and push the tire forwards, back into the center of the wheel well (arms that are too short will pull the tire back into the rear of the flare).

I have no firsthand experience with any aftermarket control arms. But I do know you get what you pay for. Get some quality units.

Also, I wouldn't get that particular kit. I'd go get a complete kit from a single manufacturer so I know it all works together and if there's ever a problem with a part, they can't blame it on some other part I installed.

i talked to a tech on the lift and only the 6'' lift will need LCA's i guess there is a drop bracket or something http://www.rocky-road.com/xjcad.html

Those kind of people scare the hell out of me :shake:

Please stay away from them as they are idiots and they are leading you in the wrong direction. You need both upper and lower control arms to do that much lift...and anything more than 3" neesd at least LCA's, but I prefer to do both always.

You are getting great advice here from those of us that have experienced what you are going through, but you seem to be trying to circumvent it all the time with trying to get cheap crap... :dunno:

will i need longer upper control arms or lower or both??

really i just want the height on this rig not really going to make this a rig to trail ride due to its a 2wd and if it crap then its crap if it cheap then i get antidisestablishmentarianism i paid for but I'm getting a 4wd comanche thats got a 3" lift on 32's for free from my uncle i just want to have a lifted daily driver :headpop: jamminz.gif

i trust you guys you know antidisestablishmentarianism your talking about thats why i come here for answers to probs since ya'll are vet's with these trucks :smart: :cheers:

If you are going with a lift of around 3", then you can get away with just lowers. If you want to go as big as the lift that you started this post about, you definitely need both. As Pete said though, the best thing to do id find a kit that is complete so that it all works together.

I bought the RE 3.5" (XJ) super ride kit. It came with LCA's and I added the UCA's from them to it...even though my MJ will never be used off road ;) . I also bought the 3" reaf leaf springs from Hell Creek Suspensions to complete the package as the RE kit came with an AAL. :thumbsup:

It's not the amount of lift that is causing the need for spacers...it's the tire size & back spacing. If you get a wheel with 3.75" or 4" BS, you will be OK...but, the 5" BS is going to pull them way in and you will rub the LCA's.

would you recommend them? :smart:
If you are asking about spacers...absolutely not. I am 100% against the use of spacers. I see them as unsafe no matter who makes them and how, but that is my personal opinion. Others on here will tell you that if you spend enough money...they are fine :shake: . You can by a good set of wheels for the price of some of hte spacers out there.

ok I'm going through the same problem, would you guys jus recommend the rubicon express lift or is there anyone else who makes lifts?

RE is what I have on mine and is one of the best kits on the market. I have had their stuff on both of our Jeeps. Motion Offroad and Hell Creek Suspensions both make great kits for our trucks too :thumbsup: