What to do?

shelbyluvv

A little history on the subject.

When I was 7 years old, 1981 time frame. I went with my dad to the Dodge dealer to get his new 81 Ram truck serviced. While we were there a guy pulled up in a 78 Lil' Red Express. I was in awe! About 10 minutes later I see another red step side pick up pull in. It did not have the stacks or chrome wheels. This one had gold wheels? We looked at it as it passed by and it said "Warlock" on the tailgate, SWEET! For a 7 year old kid anything with war in the name has to be cool.

Well, fast forward 26 years and here we are. I may have a chance to trade my 89 MJ and 97 XJ for a truck I have wanted since I was 7, I am 33 now. I am going to look at it this week and hope it is a soild truck. The truck spent a few years in MI and IN. I am hoping for the best.

Would you trade your 2 Jeeps for a 78 Dodge pick up? The guy wants $2500 for the truck and I have $1600 in the X/MJ combo.

Thoughts?

I had a 79 (I think) Warlock that I bought on the indian eservation for real cheap. . Sold it in 2001. It was factory lifted if I recall, plus cool decals here & there. Had a 2 bbl 318 in it. If I were in your shoes I'd trade the XJ & some other booty for it in a sec. With that step side bed it didn't haul a lot, but, that was never their intent .

I had a 79 (I think) Warlock that I bought on the indian eservation for real cheap. . Sold it in 2001. It was factory lifted if I recall, plus cool decals here & there. Had a 2 bbl 318 in it. If I were in your shoes I'd trade the XJ & some other booty for it in a sec. With that step side bed it didn't haul a lot, but, that was never their intent .

2bbl, huh? I was under the impression that it had the Little Red Express engine in it. I had to rebuild a couple of those and they were put together with MOPAR performance parts. But they were all sporting Thermoquads.

I saw a pair of mint Red Wagons at the Chrysler building. I'd trade for one of them in a heatbeat. But I wonder how much quality you can get for only 2500 bucks. :dunno: We're going to need pictures. :D

Ya never know. To someone, it may just be a 32 year old Dodge PU, with stickers.

I stopped to look the truck over real quick on my way to work this morning. I can see some small rust blistering between the rear fenders and the bed side, the bed floor is gone (replaced by plywood), the grill is dented, the front fenders are both tweaked a little, and the paint is faded bad. The underside looked pretty clean, just minor surface rust. I could not see the interior for the tinted windows. I did notice the factory wheels have been replace by 15X8 Dog Dish wheels.

All in all it is a really nice truck. It has a 318 2BBL as well. I thought it should have had the 360 4BBL too, but they were optional on the Warlock.