4cyl Fuel Injected sounds like a Diesel

Does anyone else's 4cyl FI comanche sound like a diesel? I have an '86 and at idle it sounds like a diesel chugging. Could someone throw out some ideas as to what this might be a symptom of?

Mine does....

:yes:

the tensioner for your timing chain may be shot allowing the chain to smack the case.

my 86 sounded like that until i put a new chain and tensioner in.

X2 :agree:

Sorry to :hijack: but mine does just the opposite. Idles and runs great under no or low load but when you rev it up or when you reach the upper rpm before shifting it chatters. I thought maybe it was the lifters. Could this be the chain also? :idea:

:cheers:

Does anyone else's 4cyl FI comanche sound like a diesel? I have an '86 and at idle it sounds like a diesel chugging. Could someone throw out some ideas as to what this might be a symptom of?

Mine does....

:yes:

Show off.... :popcorn:

Sorry to :hijack: but mine does just the opposite. Idles and runs great under no or low load but when you rev it up or when you reach the upper rpm before shifting it chatters. I thought maybe it was the lifters. Could this be the chain also? :idea:

:cheers:

Could be.. Are you taking it up and it chatters at high RPM's or it chatters just as you put the clutch in??

Could be.. Are you taking it up and it chatters at high RPM's or it chatters just as you put the clutch in??

It chatters at high rpms. Yeah I thought at first it was the throwout bearing which is what I think you were thinking if it did it when I pushed in the clutch. Was also considering that the lifters may need to be adjusted but why would it sound so good at idle and low load? :dunno: