where is this i wanna off road here.

comanche13

Moab is AWESOME!!! But personally speaking, the Lion's Back is overrated. It's not the steepest, it's not the narrowest, it just happens to be right smack next to the road.

The sandstone provides incredible traction. You can easily idle your truck up obstacles that you would have difficulty walking up without using your hands. It's wicked fun! jamminz.gif The scenery is tremendous too. Beautiful country. Totally worth the 24 hour drive to get there. :D

Moab's got trails for everybody, from scenic to ridiculous. A stock open/open Jeep can run a lot of trails in Moab.

And the Rubicon Trail is a 17-mile trail. It's not a bunch of different trails. The only optional part is the Little Sluice.

We had a guy do the Rubicon open/open on 31" tires. But I prefer two lockers and 33" tires. :)

Depending on what you do, you won't need a cage. Heck, many of the trails can be tackled in stock rigs (although a lift and locker can go a long ways towards making you look like a slickrock master :D ).

I tend to wheel beyond the rigs ability (or even drive beyond it...hence all the motors/trans/rear axles I go through...), so when I screw up :oops: , the plan is to come out of it alive... :cheers:

I've got some very nice designs and plans for the truck that should come through within the next couple of months (I have access to a portable hydraulic tube bender right now...)

I totally understand. That's why I got the rollbar installed before the trip. But not once in Moab did I feel like I needed it (and I did some of the gnarlier obstacles). A good reliable braking system is paramount though.

This is not an MJ, but it's a good video to show the value of a cage. It's been around a long time and a lot of you may have already seen it, but it's amazing...especially considering it's a bolt in cage made by ToysByTroy.

Click the play button...