Who is that Jedi?

Qui Gon-Jinn

anyways though... someone hook this man up with a set of taillights!!! sheesh.

what motor and options and such... 6cyl? 4wd? shortbed? d44 maybe? anything cool?

Keystone.. we call that Hillbilly Beer around here.. Natty Ice is the same.

Tail lights.. are behind the seat. I have been working more since I got the truck then I planned on.. Thought I was going to be able to spend my off time on the truck. I am spending my off time working on other's computers.

Moter/Options.... here is what I know.

Motor is the I6 4.0L

Tranny is 5spd w/ 4x4

Bed is Longbed.

Truck Runs. 4x4 works. AC blows cold.

I know I have some issues in the front end. Need to get the Lower Control Arm Bushings replaced. but that will come with time.

I would love to know if it was a D44.. and more about the tranny.

ummmm yeah its almost winter,,,, duh..... :nuts:

image_209027.gif

anyways though... someone hook this man up with a set of taillights!!! sheesh.

what motor and options and such... 6cyl? 4wd? shortbed? d44 maybe? anything cool?

Keystone.. we call that Hillbilly Beer around here.. Natty Ice is the same.

Tail lights.. are behind the seat. I have been working more since I got the truck then I planned on.. Thought I was going to be able to spend my off time on the truck. I am spending my off time working on other's computers.

Moter/Options.... here is what I know.

Motor is the I6 4.0L

Tranny is 5spd w/ 4x4

Bed is Longbed.

Truck Runs. 4x4 works. AC blows cold.

I know I have some issues in the front end. Need to get the Lower Control Arm Bushings replaced. but that will come with time.

I would love to know if it was a D44.. and more about the tranny.

ummmm yeah its almost winter,,,, duh..... :nuts:

image_209027.gif

Yeah.. it's Winter.. but I live in Az..

still in the 90's in the mid day here.

Rear end looks to be Dana 44.

Think I have an issue in the front end.

go into 4H for a few hundred feet (on asphalt parking lot) and when I turn either way it binds up.

I drove it in 4L and 4H both a few weeks back.. down an alley here.. to just get them spinning. no turning.

Never had a 4x4 before.. never driven one.. Read somewhere it's for off road only.

:dunno:

go into 4H for a few hundred feet (on asphalt parking lot) and when I turn either way it binds up.

I drove it in 4L and 4H both a few weeks back.. down an alley here.. to just get them spinning. no turning.

Never had a 4x4 before.. never driven one.. Read somewhere it's for off road only.

Yes, you will have an issue with driving in 4wd hi on Hard pavement

This will tear out your transfer case real quick :eek:

For your year of truck, you would have the NP231, and this is a "shift on the fly" type transfer case, not the NP 242 "all time 4wd"

It's really for loose ground, like gravel, stone, mud.....ect, or not in your case.......Snow.

The front and rear axle / tire combo do not turn in a perfect setting, and this would cause the transfer case to bind up, and more than likely, snap the drive chain......or worst.

Even on soft ground, you would feel the front "kind of binding" from the front axle U-joint when turning the steering wheel, and that's common, that's how I can tell if the front axle is engaged.

Not blasting you in any way here, just informing you that it's not a real good idea to drive on hard pavement (asphalt or concrete) with the transfer case engaged in 4wd, at least with our old 231 cases :roll:

Oh......and I haven't chance to say.........Welcome to the CC jamminz.gif

And don't mind Chico, he's not only upset about the old couch being tossed out, he has an "over heating" issue too :teehee:

If you really want to try out your 4wd, come on up this way the next blizzard we get, and you'll get plenty of fun times driving in the snow, and I'll even let you plow some snow :yes:

:shake: I've seen that once or twice this year, back in July :hmm:

Yeah I can do some Website magic.

Budlight.. with.. or without lime.. is some of the worst beer I have EVER tasted (Flame.. here it comes)

Beer.. should be Dark.. rich.. flavorful. Budlight is for people who don't like the taste of beer and need to piss all the time.

Bud Light gives me headaches like no other. 1 bud light and Headache for sure.. 1 12 pack of a good Amber Bock (Ziegenbach if in texas.. Shiner almost anywhere) and I am good the next day.

AMEN BROTHER amen... WELCOME!! :cheers: :cheers: :D

Yes, you will have an issue with driving in 4wd hi on Hard pavement

This will tear out your transfer case real quick :eek:

For your year of truck, you would have the NP231, and this is a "shift on the fly" type transfer case, not the NP 242 "all time 4wd"

It's really for loose ground, like gravel, stone, mud.....ect, or not in your case.......Snow.

The front and rear axle / tire combo do not turn in a perfect setting, and this would cause the transfer case to bind up, and more than likely, snap the drive chain......or worst.

Even on soft ground, you would feel the front "kind of binding" from the front axle U-joint when turning the steering wheel, and that's common, that's how I can tell if the front axle is engaged.

Not blasting you in any way here, just informing you that it's not a real good idea to drive on hard pavement (asphalt or concrete) with the transfer case engaged in 4wd, at least with our old 231 cases :roll:

Oh......and I haven't chance to say.........Welcome to the CC jamminz.gif

And don't mind Chico, he's not only upset about the old couch being tossed out, he has an "over heating" issue too :teehee:

If you really want to try out your 4wd, come on up this way the next blizzard we get, and you'll get plenty of fun times driving in the snow, and I'll even let you plow some snow :yes:

:shake: I've seen that once or twice this year, back in July :hmm:

Thinking I am going to take it out next weekend.. if Dad gets the Carb kits for the boat... and maybe while he's out put putting in the boat.. I will take some dirt out by the lake.

only 70 today in Phoenix.. Might have to wear jeans.

My previous trucks.. all 4x2's and not made for much more than frequently traveled dirt roads. (Dakota's 4x2 w/ all stock drive train) I have never found use for 4x4 here in the valley. Most of the time I am on dry roads. Once in a while we get rain (If you watched nascar yesterday.. that was the first rain in about 2 months here).

Newest problem.. when I depress the e-brake.. I get a light.. but.. truck rolls. so gotta trace that out.

Did add some speakers yesterday.. and took in a drive in movie with the wife last night. Need a good.. cheap.. stereo. ideally it will play MP3's.

Truck.. it's a money pit.. but I love it.

For a cheap stereo setup, I'm sure there are lots of ways to do it, but I can recommend the following based on what I did and I'm super pleased with it all. I bought a used Pioneer DEH-P3900MP on ebay for @$50, but now I see them NEW for under $100. I'm not crazy about used electronics, a real crap shoot normally but I got lucky and it works perfect and is in great physical condition too. What's great about this deck is how flexible it is (and yes it plays MP3s). Specifically though, it is a 4-ch reciever with 22w per channel @4ohms, OR you can have 22w per channel @4 ohms on the front and bridge the rear channels for a 2 ohm single sub output of 70 watts peak, or roughly 40+ RMS. Granted, it's not a ton of power, but that is at a clean 2 ohm load. If you want or have a small sub you can do this and not have to buy an external amp, if anything for the time being until you want to upgrade. Since my PO took his deck but left me his 2" dash tweeters, 5 1/4 door speakers, and 4x6 rear speakers, I was able to REALLY do this on the cheap, and yet I think most people would be blown away by the sound and clean it is at high volume.

So here is what I did: I patiently waited for a 6" Dual 4ohm Voice Coil Bazooka tube to come available on ebay. Can be had on a BIN with a couple of sellers for @$85 shipped, got mine from a private seller for @$60. The model is 6024DVC. To get a 2 ohm load I just wired the voice coils in series. Fits perfect behind the passenger seat, very little room taken up. You could also run (2) 6" 4ohm subs in series if you are not worried about having one behind each seat. At first I hooked up just my door speakers to the front channel, but realized the speakers were rated for 4-16 ohms as were the rear 4x6s, so I hooked the 4 of them up in series to the front channels for a 4 ohm load. What's nice is the deck has settings specifically to run the single rear channel as a sub and allows for different crossover points. Also, you can turn on the high pass filter so the "fronts" or regular speakers are only receiving mid to high frequencies. So as I said it is very "tuneable" once you get the hang of what settings you like. But the bottom line is, that one little deck with it's 40+ watts on that 6" tube will pump like you wouldn't believe. Obviously it does not take much to fill that cab, but it doesn't take a lot of power to drive that sub and again, you'd be suprised how much thump it has. So, I paid $50 for the deck, $60 for the sub and I'm all in for $110. Assuming you bought a new(er) deck on ebay for $85, sub for $85 on ebay, craigslist etc, and a decent pair of door speakers like Pioneers or Sonys at Wally World for $40, you've got a pretty killer system for $200 +/- that can also be upgraded later (it's got 3 RCA inputs). Attached are links to the deck on ebay, the sub at Crutchfield (not many on eBay at the moment), and a review from Crutchfield on the deck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-PIONEER-DEH-P39 ... 240%3A1318

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/ ... =204BT6DVC

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/ ... ailed_info

Speakers I got where just cheap 6" round.. with 2" tweeters in a box..

Took existing wiring.. extended it.. hooked to the box's.. and I have sound.. like.. good.. loud.. sound..

stereo is a very old Technics Cassette player..

anyone got pics of the mount for the stereo in the MJ?

Saw a AM/FM/MP3/CD at Target out here on clearance for $50..

cheap.. cheap.. cheap stereo..

Newest problem.. when I depress the e-brake.. I get a light.. but.. truck rolls. so gotta trace that out.

Very common problem, your rear brake drums need adjusting.

Check out this article on rear brakes, and near the bottom of the page, follow steps 15-18, and your E-brake should be working again........unless your shoes are shot, the follow the whole article :yes:

Rear Brakes

Speakers I got where just cheap 6" round.. with 2" tweeters in a box..

Took existing wiring.. extended it.. hooked to the box's.. and I have sound.. like.. good.. loud.. sound..

stereo is a very old Technics Cassette player..

anyone got pics of the mount for the stereo in the MJ?

Saw a AM/FM/MP3/CD at Target out here on clearance for $50..

cheap.. cheap.. cheap stereo..

all for less than $300

i did all of the installataion myself and absoulty love it

its good in the highs

great in th lows (via the subwoofer)

and best in the mid range

if you want a video of the head unit and it all working send me a pm

all that, whatever the hell it means.......and you can't get your brake lights working??????????

:rotf:

(j/k Greg, gimme a call....I'm free this weekend if you can make it down)

Jeff

Yup, no brake lights, no memory on my clock or stereo, and now................no start. :wall: Getting ready to post up in Tech about it.