GLXJ Fall Crawl 08

Some body damage pics:

Smashed license plate and bracket:

Rear bumper (again):

Bed side (probably coming out of the tube):

and rocker panel:

I also got a bit muddy, but somehow the cap stayed perfectly clean :???:

It does lean a bit, and I have a spacer to fix it, but can't be bothered to install it.

The lean looks worse than it is in this pic, though, because of my uneven driveway, on top of some weight in the bed all on the ds.

Yeah, but I don't have a welder, and nobody makes lwb rocker guards that I know of.

I did find out that underneath the paint, the rockers are pretty much 100% bondo anyway. I think I'll drive it, build it and wheel it without worrying too much about the body. When it starts to fall apart move everything over to a better one from the south.

Yeah, but I don't have a welder, and nobody makes lwb rocker guards that I know of.

I did find out that underneath the paint, the rockers are pretty much 100% bondo anyway. I think I'll drive it, build it and wheel it without worrying too much about the body. When it starts to fall apart move everything over to a better one from the south.

I don't have a welder either so that's no excuse. Do you own an angle grinder? I sought out someone on a local 4x4 board who does 4x4 modding on the side. I bought the steel myself, cut it up with my $15 angle grinder, and brought it to him for welding. And my rockers are held together with the bed liner that covers them. They are mushy to the touch. I totally understand the apathy that comes with our rusted out trucks. I used to think that way too. And I even own that southern truck o' the future. But I do NOT regret the rocker guards. They are frickin' awesome! I can drop the truck on rocks and logs that would otherwise have made it tough to ever open my door again. Plus it will help hold my truck together longer since it adds structural support to all the rust.

Do it! You won't regret it. :D

I'm wheeling it like it is Saturday after turkey day here at Painted Rock. Then I'll be done wheeling until spring.

After that I hope to have a locker in the front and rocker guards. Rear bumper will probably be after that. If I can incorporate a class III receiver into a rear bumper, instead of the stock one under it, that alone will gain me 3" of height in the back. But brace it in such a way I can actually use it to occasionally tow a 3000 pound trailer.

Need bigger tires, but I don't see any way that will happen before spring 2011. Some times being a single parent sucks!

I'm wheeling it like it is Saturday after turkey day here at Painted Rock. Then I'll be done wheeling until spring.

After that I hope to have a locker in the front and rocker guards. Rear bumper will probably be after that. If I can incorporate a class III receiver into a rear bumper, instead of the stock one under it, that alone will gain me 3" of height in the back. But brace it in such a way I can actually use it to occasionally tow a 3000 pound trailer.

Need bigger tires, but I don't see any way that will happen before spring 2011. Some times being a single parent sucks!