lets talk lifts

Okay... the time and funds have come available for me to lift my Comanche and put wheels and tires on.

I want to know what my options are...

I have done some research and don't know which route to take.

I like the motion offroad kits.. they look nice and complete.. bolt on.. etc. but they are pricey.. Are they worth the extra money over other comparable kits?

Can I fit a 32 X 11.50 tire comfortably with a 3" lift?

If not and I HAVE to run the 4.5". I've been concerned about running a 4.5 lift on short arms. My wrangler is a 4.5 short arm RCII lift and its the crappiest ride Ive ever experienced.

Does a 3-4.5" lift require a sye and driveshaft in the comanche?

I'm sure I'm missing some questions but feel free to provide any additional information i may have missed in oversight. Also, I would like to see some pictures of the set-up you have.

Thanks alot,

i had 4.5" on my MJ and had 32's w/3.75 backspaced rims and didnt rub

with fender trimming you could fit 32's on 3" but if you don't wanna trim IMO 4.5 is the way to go...My ride on Short arms wasnt bad at all but compared to my 7.5" lift with Dropbrackets its night and day

32s are like the red headed step child of the tire world... bigger than a 31 but not a 33.

"Inchites" almost ALWAYS sets in and not to many people want this tire... Ever herd of go big or go home... Personally I would not consider this size. Go a bit bigger and get the 33 or stick to the 31's and done look back.

IMHO, 33x10.5 is THE tire for the XJ/MJ jeep. Just get the proper BS rim.

This is from someone that has been there and done that MANY times over...

Good luck,

CW

32s are like the red headed step child of the tire world... bigger than a 31 but not a 33.

"Inchites" almost ALWAYS sets in and not to many people want this tire... Ever herd of go big or go home... Personally I would not consider this size. Go a bit bigger and get the 33 or stick to the 31's and done look back.

IMHO, 33x10.5 is THE tire for the XJ/MJ jeep. Just get the proper BS rim.

This is from someone that has been there and done that MANY times over...

Good luck,

CW

I like the 32's BECAUSE not many people want this tire. And as I've been told and will soon find out after I pick up a set of 32s I found, you can run them on a 3" lift if flex is not a high priority.

get a long arm. Seriously - you will hate yourself later if you don't.

32's are nice... your going to want 33's a lot of us have gone this route. Most all of us will tell you to jump right to 33's.

I learned from my TJ before I sold it. I fit 33's barely, then had 35's but rubbed all the time and couldnt disconnect. I sold that. I can't afford the long arm for my MJ, but would have gladly thrown down on it. Now I have a lift that doesnt allow for highway travel... ghey death wobble. I am now in the process of putting one tons on and changing everything... would have been sooooooo much cheaper if I had gone this route from the word "GO" than trying to just get a quick fix.

If you really have the money, think about what you want. And go for it.

I'm running the 3" MO kit on my LB MJ with 31s. The rear actually sits at about 4" and I put some spacers in the front to bring it to about 3.5"

The 31s rub, but only while flexing. Its not that big of a deal, but 32s might get annoying.

I'm running the 3" MO kit on my LB MJ with 31s. The rear actually sits at about 4" and I put some spacers in the front to bring it to about 3.5"

The 31s rub, but only while flexing. Its not that big of a deal, but 32s might get annoying.

Where do they rub? and what rims are you running?