Howdy

xj_dummy

My name is Mike and I live here in Central California.

This is my first post and just saying hi.

I don't have a Comanche yet but I have been looking at a 1986 Comanche, 4x4, 5 speed with a 2.5 4 banger, with 89000 miles.

It needs some major TLC, aparently it hasnt seeen an oil change for 3 plus years, so I'm wondering what the rest is like. What I do know that it starts and drives ok.

What it needs:

1. Power steering pump (frozen Bearing)

2. All flluid change

3. Brake work (spunge pedal)

4. Tune up

5. etc...

The owner of it now has had it for three years or so and bought it from I believe the original owner. THis guy want's $1000.00 for it and I offered $800.00. So we will see.

I curently have a 1990 Cherokee limited, 4.0, automatic, 4x4, with that crapy ABS brake system. (wifes old car)

A 1993 Chevy S-10 extra cab, 4.3, 2x4.

A 2000 all custom Ford Focus ZX3, show car with trophys to prove it. This is my asphalt mountain twisty road car (no dirt).

A 2005 KIA spectra (wifes car).

And a 1961 ford falcon pickup, 100% un restored.

I will be asking some questions about the comanche. So I hope you don't mind. Look forward to chatting with you soon.

Mike

My name is Mike and I live here in Central California.

This is my first post and just saying hi.

I don't have a Comanche yet but I have been looking at a 1986 Comanche, 4x4, 5 speed with a 2.5 4 banger, with 89000 miles.

It needs some major TLC, aparently it hasnt seeen an oil change for 3 plus years, so I'm wondering what the rest is like. What I do know that it starts and drives ok.

What it needs:

1. Power steering pump (frozen Bearing)

2. All flluid change

3. Brake work (spunge pedal)

4. Tune up

5. etc...

The owner of it now has had it for three years or so and bought it from I believe the original owner. THis guy want's $1000.00 for it and I offered $800.00. So we will see.

I curently have a 1990 Cherokee limited, 4.0, automatic, 4x4, with that crapy ABS brake system. (wifes old car)

A 1993 Chevy S-10 extra cab, 4.3, 2x4.

A 2000 all custom Ford Focus ZX3, show car with trophys to prove it. This is my asphalt mountain twisty road car (no dirt).

A 2005 KIA spectra (wifes car).

And a 1961 ford falcon pickup, 100% un restored.

I will be asking some questions about the comanche. So I hope you don't mind. Look forward to chatting with you soon.

Mike

Hey no kidding, I had a '61 ranchero too! Neat little old things, I still get kinda envyous when I see the Aussie guys with their new falcon with turbo diesels.

Hey no kidding, I had a '61 ranchero too! Neat little old things, I still get kinda envyous when I see the Aussie guys with their new falcon with turbo diesels.

The Aussie Ford Falcon is a muscle car, at or near the top of their Ford line. I wrecked one of their rental turbo versions hitting a big red roo a few years back near Adelaide, it didn't have the standard roo bar. The roo actually survived though. Anyhow mate, welcome aboard. :cheers:

Hi and wait on buying that man.

I have absolutely no experience on an 86 2.8 but if you run a search on here a lot of people have complained about the engine and gotten rid of the truck or swapped out the engine.

I definitely don't want to stop you from buying a Comanche but you might want to spend a little time on this forum and read back thru some earlier posts that have come up about the 2.8. I'm not telling you to read every single post back to 2006 (I don't know who would do something stupid like that :roll: ) but I do suggest you do a little research on this site before jumping into buying anything. I wish I had found this site before I bought my truck.

Hey welcome and good luck. :cheers:

:cheers: Welcome...

The 2.5L engines are a pretty dependable motor and can get rather good gas mileage when fixed up and running well. I would definitely not give $1000 for something that needed that much work...$80 is more than fair for that.