I think I've narrowed down my hauler search...

Pete M

Yeah, diesels are awesome. :D

So after much contemplation during the 24 hours I just spent on the freeway this weekend watching other people's haulers go by the minivan, I've decide that (since I can't do this immediately anyway) my list is:

1-Excursion

2-Suburban

3-F-350

Based on a 10-12 grand purchase price. I've decided that I like having the interior space. Essentially I'd be looking to get a bigger and much badder version of the minivans I'm so used to.

Anyone know if the back floor of the Excursions and Subs is relatively flat if I pull out the seats? And how easy to said seats remove? I'm used to minivans and this current gen has seats that disappear right into the floor. No lifting required. :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean the Grand Cherokee SRT-8? Not big enough and not a Diesel. I'm not saying I wouldn't want one someday :brows: , but it wouldn't make a good hauler for me.
gotch ya...have you looked at a Semi? that could haul pretty much anything :D. not trying to be a smartass i just can't really help you here

You can't tow anything with any SRT vehicle except the Jeep. The Dodge trucks specifically say no towing/hauling...they are a play thing only. The Jeep has only recently had a hitch come out for it, but it's limited to 2000lbs (I believe) and you have to change the exhaust system to put it on so it ends up costing like $2000 just to get a 2000lb towing capacity :roll: .