f-150s what are they good for?

69CamaroSS

for some reason when i drive around town in my xj i get people that want to race me. i don't know if its the fact that my xj is a little loud or the forest green i detailed it with. but i had a couple kids in a f-150 pull up next to me at a light and start reving. i thought why not i'm bored might as well race him. so we go and the look on the kids face was funny when we stayd neck and neck the whole way. i'm sure he expected to smoke my old rusty jeep with his newer 150. in the back of my head i was thinking if i had the H.O it would of been sad at how bad he would of lost. JEEP POWER ROCK ON!!! jamminz.gif

He might have had the 4.6L in there. That engine SUCKS in a fullsize truck. My uncle had one a few years back and it couldn't get out of its own way.
:rotfl2: that comment got me laughing for some reason. i've never been a ford fan anyway. i really only like their older more box body styles than the rounder ones. either way tho if i had an alternate choice i wouldnt pick the ford

He might have had the 4.6L in there. That engine SUCKS in a fullsize truck. My uncle had one a few years back and it couldn't get out of its own way.

4.6 the inline 6? i raced a 1995ish f150 (inline 6) with my 2.5 comanche and beat it years ago. they are slow as ****

4.6 the inline 6? i raced a 1995ish f150 (inline 6) with my 2.5 comanche and beat it years ago. they are slow as ****

in that case i hope it wasn't the inline 6, if it was that means i have a slow as hell 4.0 in my xj...

in that case i hope it wasn't the inline 6, if it was that means i have a slow as hell 4.0 in my xj...

4.6 is a v8..same one found in mustangs, crown vics/grand marq and Lincolns if I'm not mistaken. The inline 6 is the 4.9l/300 ci found in f-150/250s and fullsize broncos up untill 96(150/bronco) and 97(f-250).

The 4.9 is only rated at 150 hp and 260 ft/lb of torque. Not exactly a drag racing engine, but they are damn near indestructible.