06 Rockport PowWow pictures now up on page 4

I may try to make it for one of the days, it'll be a virgin trail run for this MJ. I know RORP very well and can lead throughout the park.
Bounty let me know which day you decide to go and i'll switch days at work so i can make it....hope i can get the axles before then.. :D

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you can too. I may be putting the 4.10 axles in next week, and then we can work on you picking these axles up.

Here's an update on RORP that those of you in the area should be interested in:

In the past few months some situations have occured that have caused Tom and I to seriously reconsider the future of Rockport Off-Road Park as we know it.

As most of you know, we were awarded a large grant from the Illinois Trail Grants Program last November. Most of this grant was to purchase the 329 acres that includes the Talldog and Back 40 trails which we were already leasing. The landowner of this property approached us after the death of his mother and agreed to sell it to us for the appraised value of the land through the trail grants program. This land was in an estate that took quite some time to clear the title on. We kept in frequent contact with the landowner to check on the progress of this

process. To make a long story short, when Tom called the land owner a little while back he was told that the land had been sold.

This came as a huge shock and a very hard blow to the both of us to hear this news.

The last day for use of these trails is June 30th.

The rest of the RORP trails will be open until further notice.

The landowner is a neighbor and someone that Tom has worked with and trusted for many years.

We were counting on this land as we planned events and the overall future of RORP.

The loss of these trails made Tom and I realize that our overall plan for RORP was not going to happen with the way the park existed.

We also were extremely disappointed to discover who our new neighbor was for very strong reasons I won't go into detail about.

We both felt that we needed a new start in a different place.

We are still going to utilize all of our offsite trail area and have also gotten agreements from another landowner to include his land in this. We have agreed to allow certain members of jeep clubs to learn these trails and utilize them with their members without having to be guided.

We are also going to keep the rockcrawl area, parking lot and camping area and a few trails.

We may finish the campgrounds in the future.

And then....Tom and I took a few deep breaths and began planning for the revamping and our new future plans for RORP. We have purchased a piece of property in Missouri that brought instant excitement to both of us at our first visit to it.

It is very very unique as it borders a large campgrounds with go karts, batting cages, swimming pool, basketball court and other activities. It also sits along a major 4 lane highway with many, many hotels, restaurants and major tourist attractions closeby. Our new Rockport Off-Road Park will be a place for rockcrawling, trail riding and great spectator opportunities.

Tom and I love this place so much that we are considering building our new home on the property. We will be announcing soon the opening of this part of Rockport Off-Road Park.

Tom and I are also going to patiently keep our eyes and ears open for other riding areas opportunities.

A lot of great memories and great friends were made because of Rockport Off-Road Park.

Tom and I look forward to new memories with our old and new friends.

I want to apologize if Tom or I seemed preoccupied

or not quite ourselves over the past few months.

I also want to again thank those that made the SheRock event last weekend a huge success.

It really kicked us and made us remember why we want to do what we want to do.

Please email me or call with any questions,

Debbie

rorp@irtc.net

217-437-5337

As of right now, I'm planning on making it up on Sunday. This is likely the last month anybody will be able to trail ride on the Back 40 and Tall Dog. Several other trails may close as well. They're looking at purchasing an old Quarry near Hannibal MO and RORP will likely move.

RORP is an awesome park for anybody who hasn't been, there's a little something for everyone. Great onsite camping with no utilities.

Hey Bounty, Yeah, Tom and Debbie are great people, and are definately great to work with. I have talked to them about us coming.

It's a really sad deal about the park, but after talking with them on Sunday, They seem really stoked about the new park. The good thing about it is it's only going to be about 15 min farther away from me. When I heard that they were going to move to Missouri, I was thinking maybe somewhere near the Ozarks, or Branson, but was relieved to hear that wasn't the case...WHEW!!...Sounds like it's going to be a super nice place...The club (MIJE) and I are going to go on Sunday the 25th for sure, and If I can get Saturday off, I may even camp out Saturday night.....Have you ever eaten at that place in Lousiana with the light house? I can't think of the name, but It might be an option for a group dinner. The only other thing I can think of would be Pizza Hut in Pittsfield, or maybe Ponderosa here in Jacksonville. I'm not real familliar with all the restraunts in the Pike county area....Hope to see ya there....Scott

• 2 weeks later...

Friday afternoon? You mean, for wheeling on Saturday, right? It's a looooong haul for me and I hope to get to the campground before dark on Friday.

While we're sharing, my cell is 313-510-9100

BH - how are we gonna find you Sunday?

...BOB

you can look for my MJ as its kinda hard to miss..lol (hopefully i get it together by then..hehe)

we could also be on a certain CB channel too.

Will anyone be leaving a vehicle in the parking lot during the day? I'm in a bit of a pickle in that I can't drive on the road with the 2 boggers, but then when I get to RORP I'll have one extra trXus that I need to put somewhere. I don't need 6 tires on the trail, but my 2 trail tires can't touch the road (seriously out of balance).

Nah, gonna wing it without one this time around. Haven't even bothered to install a stereo :eek:

i think thats where i gonna put my CB..i gets a little boring with just the wind and tire noise. lol