06 Rockport PowWow pictures now up on page 4

Hey Guys, the dates for the Summer Pow-wow are set. It's the weekend of June24-25th. It will be held at the Rockport Off-road park in Pike county Illinois (Near Pittsfield). There are plenty of camp sites available if you are interested. You can check out Rockport's website at www.rorp.com .

Let me know who's coming.

Hope to see you guys there...Scott

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trails at RORP can go from easy to quite difficult with a simple rain or from an idiot spinning huge tires. Solid tow points front and rear are a MUST!! Lockers are aggressive tires are merely luxury items. The trails are tight and twisty and the mud dries like cement.

I had a BLAST last year and can't wait to get back to try out my boggers!! :banana:

The campground I stayed at was incredibly nice. Oh, and the NAPA store in town isn't open on Sunday.

Hey guys, I forgot to mention. that is the weekend of the RROCK rock crawl challange! Any one who pays admission for the trails, can watch the rock crawl competition for free!...Kind of an added bonus..It's really cool to watch....Check out their website at www.rorp.com then click on the RROCK event........Scott

What about a guided trail tour? There were a few times last time where I would have gladly paid an extra $10 to know where we were. :shake: Plus we can then get access to the other 900 acres. Don't know who's left to do the tour though if the rock crawling is going on.

Pete, I'll try to find out about the guided tours. I would imagine that they'll want us to have a pretty good sized group, with the rock crawl going on though. In fact, we are going over there on Sunday, I'll ask Tom then....Scott

ugh. how come all the MJ'ers live up north.

powwow at tellico, nc sometime? anyone? me and my brother would be in a couple months.

I live about 550 miles from Tellico :cry: The club I belong too is planning a trip there sometime this summer, and I will elt you know when if you are game. Be advised the guys I run with are serious about wheeling though, and parts breakage and flops are common

I will bring my XJ instead the MJ.

my XJ is locked with 4.88's and is much more capable (and fun)

can anybody give me the name of the closest

recommended and Jeep friendly motel?

(I am too old and whiny to camp) :yes:

...BOB

powwow at tellico, nc sometime? anyone? me and my brother would be in a couple months.

I live about 550 miles from Tellico :cry: The club I belong too is planning a trip there sometime this summer, and I will elt you know when if you are game. Be advised the guys I run with are serious about wheeling though, and parts breakage and flops are common

my brother might could run with yall, XJ on 33's locked rear. (right now its about to undergo a 231 swap (blown 242 for the second time) and remanu. 4.0)

but i think ill be stuck on the stock trails. lemme know.

my brother might could run with yall, XJ on 33's locked rear. (right now its about to undergo a 231 swap (blown 242 for the second time) and remanu. 4.0)

but i think ill be stuck on the stock trails. lemme know.

Some of the guys have a bone to pick with lower 2, and I have a bone to pick with Guardrail :brows: I will keep you all posted on the Tellico run. It should be some insane wheeling. I am predicting at least to flops, and maybe one complete roll :evil:

I've had the MJ for over a year, been running after building it up for about 4 months now. It'll be tough to not bring the YJ with the 8274 and lincoln lockers at both ends. Oh well, need to try this thing out anyway.

Pine Lakes Resort is nice, the primitive camping is on a point that is surrounded by a nice lake on 3 sides. Pretty level and lots of trees for shade and hammocks. Bad thing is the toilets, showers, and beach are on the other side of the lake, and it's pretty far to walk.

Most jeepers in our club that do the hotel thing stay in Louisiana, MO, just across the river from RORP.

I've got a tough decision to make, as my club is having a father's day run to Rockport the weekend before, and I can't do both weekends.