home brew leaf question

use comanche main leafs and bastard-pack them using ford 8.8 leafs, dakota leafs, and fullsize wagoneer leafs.

just play around with a few different sets until you're happy with it.

you shouldn't be considering add-a-leafs though. they suck already, and won't help much with the lift in.

3.5 - 4" lift is going to be tough to achieve with a bastard pack without creating a pretty rough ride.

I chose to use the Hell Creek Suspensions springs for a 3" lift. You could always add shackles for just a little more if needed :cheers: . I tried the AAL before that and it was a HORRIBLE ride. :roll:

Dakota packs are typically used to lift XJs 3-4". But they'll never lift an MJ 4" since Dakota and MJ leaf packs have about the same arch. XJ leafs are pretty flat. MJ leafs have a lot of arch in them already. You can use MJ leafs to give XJs 3-4" of lift.

Do soa,You'l gain lift and retain flex you can ajust your spring pack for the best compromise between ride/axle rap or ad a traction link?I did mine for max flex.But on a street/offroad truck it would have to bee a little stiffer :D

Do soa,You'l gain lift and retain flex you can ajust your spring pack for the best compromise between ride/axle rap or ad a traction link?I did mine for max flex.But on a street/offroad truck it would have to bee a little stiffer :D

He's wanting 3.5-4" of lift. Doing SOA will net you a min of 5", with most resulting in 6.5". This is based on what leafs you have and if they are 2WD or 4WD packs.

That's my problem. To get the front to properly match the back with soa is more money than I can currently handle, so I'm planning to go up 3" for now, and worry about soa in a few years.

Plus, I'd like to use up my current tires before buying new ones. The tires i have now would look funny with too much lift because of their (relatively) small size.

Looking at all options, I think the Motion Offroad 3" packs are probably the way to go for the rear. And in your case, the front part of that XJ kit you have should fit on the MJ,

On an XJ, taking a spare set of main leaves, cutting off the eyes, and using them as add-a-leaves typically results in about a 1-1/2" lift. At a guess, doing the same with an MJ should result in about the same. You could use an MJ main leaf, or any other leaf that's the same width and thickness and has about the same arch. Then add in another lower leaf or two for the "donor" pack and you should be just about where you want to be.