learning to weld

maddzz1

I know "real" welders mostly scoff at them, but I recommend getting an auto darkening helmet if you don't have one. I tried to learn with a little 110 MIG using an old fashioned helmet. Sucked. Bought an auto and you can actually see what you are doing. For the little I do it is great.

Mig is pretty easy to learn.. Just have to practice and get a easy medium on your wire feed.. I've been learning to arc/stick weld at work this summer,,, I still suck........ I keep getting freaking shocked!!! :eek: Monday I swear a lighting bolt shot out of my belly button when I was holding the rod itself to guide myself and leaned into what I was grounded to... Ouch.. Talk about doing the curly shuffle.... You should of seen me jumping around and the the guys gathered around Laughing their @$$e$ off!!! :roll:

Mig is pretty easy to learn.. Just have to practice and get a easy medium on your wire feed.. I've been learning to arc/stick weld at work this summer,,, I still suck........ I keep getting freaking shocked!!! :eek: Monday I swear a lighting bolt shot out of my belly button when I was holding the rod itself to guide myself and leaned into what I was grounded to... Ouch.. Talk about doing the curly shuffle.... You should of seen me jumping around and the the guys gathered around Laughing their @$$e$ off!!! :roll:

There is a really simple fix for getting shocked while stick welding.

DON'T GRAB THE ROD!!!!!! :D :D :D

There is a really simple fix for getting shocked while stick welding.

DON'T GRAB THE ROD!!!!!! :D :D :D

but I like grabbing my rod.. It makes me feel like more of a man.... :D

It was just this one crazy, twisted up inside a box, that only my head would fit and only about an inch of clearance around to weld. I just had to tack it and the only way I could keep the rod from sticking to the spot was to hold my rod.. Thats another thing..... I hate it when the rod sticks to what your welding!!! :headpop: