loading pics -still tryin

I don't know if its just firefox that I'm using, but if I see any image I want to share on here I right click > copy image location > then paste it > then highlight the link > then click the Img button under the subject title box....

IMG_4093a.jpg

I don't know if its just firefox that I'm using, but if I see any image I want to share on here I right click > copy image location > then paste it > then highlight the link > then click the Img button under the subject title box....

IMG_4093a.jpg

Image Not Found

That is called Hot Linking and you should be careful about doing it. There are a lot of people out there that will get real pissy about it (not that they can do anything to you as it's not illegal or anything) because you are using thier band width. I was using a hosting service that limited my bandwidth for a while and I kept getting over my limit and didn't know why. I came to find out that there was several folks on an Aussie website/forum that were copying my stuff in the fashion that you have described and every time someone did the copy/paste thing it would eat up more of my available bandwidth.

You probably already know all of this, but I guess it may benefit someone reading it. ;)

Thanks for your attention. :smart: is now out.

That is called Hot Linking and you should be careful about doing it. There are a lot of people out there that will get real pissy about it (not that they can do anything to you as it's not illegal or anything) because you are using thier band width. I was using a hosting service that limited my bandwidth for a while and I kept getting over my limit and didn't know why. I came to find out that there was several folks on an Aussie website/forum that were copying my stuff in the fashion that you have described and every time someone did the copy/paste thing it would eat up more of my available bandwidth.

You probably already know all of this, but I guess it may benefit someone reading it. ;)

Thanks for your attention. :smart: is now out.

Ummm never really thought of it..... And nope didnt know that... I hate to screw with ppls stuff,,, but dang its so much easier then saving, dl'in to another host, then pasting the link from that host site...I guess Ill just start doing that then! Thanks for the lil bit for IT info there!!!

Also, if you just hotlink some random pic on the web, you have no control over how long it stays on the web. I hate coming across dead links and so I try not to let that happen with stuff I share.