AutoCAD 2009

jtdesigns

Is fuwkin sweet!!! If you work with any CAD programs you should DL a 30 day free trail ...... OMG it is the BOMB....... Even if you don't know anything about CAD you should still make a DL.. It takes a while to do but well worth the wait IMO... I think it was like a 1200 mb dl.. took a while using dsl.

i have a student version of AutoCad 2008 and love it. I took some AutoCad classes at the Tech College I'm going to. What really makes a difference is running any version of AutoCad on a smoking hot computer. The difference between the school computers and the computer I built this spring is amazing. 4GB of ram helps too :D

i have a student version of AutoCad 2008 and love it. I took some AutoCad classes at the Tech College I'm going to. What really makes a difference is running any version of AutoCad on a smoking hot computer. The difference between the school computers and the computer I built this spring is amazing. 4GB of ram helps too :D

I use 2008 light at work its ok but the pc I'm on SUCKS, so its really glitchy.. dude you need to dl 2009...... its whole layout is pretty sweet.. all the tool bar buttons are deferent, it takes a little getting use to, but rocks when you get the whole set-up how you like it..

I'm waiting for the school to offer a student version at a discount price ;)

Bad thing about that is it only last a year and when you plot you have "AutoDesk educational product" border around your print..

I tried to load all my saved layers and use them at work,, but that stamp went with all of it too..... all well.....

This coming fall its straight SolidWorks for me ,,, I've played around with it and its pretty sweet too...

Hey check out GibbsCAM too, its pretty sweet also.. esp if your going to be designing CNC'ed parts/projects..

I remember when autocad 14 came out. :D I was pretty geeked about it. I can only imagine what they have now. :brows:

man thats ancient..... still better then mechanical drawing though.. thats prehistoric these days..

I remember when autocad 14 came out. :D I was pretty geeked about it. I can only imagine what they have now. :brows:

Oh, God! I feel SOOOOOO old now ...

I remember taking adult ed classes for AutoCAD Release 10 -- for MS-DOS. With a tablet and puck.

Thanks, Pete. You'll pay for this.

man thats ancient..... still better then mechanical drawing though.. thats prehistoric these days..

I still prefer to think of it as "Descriptive Geometry." And if you can't do it manually, you probably can't REALLY do it in AutoCAD. Between my consulting architect practice and my part-time gig as a building inspector, you'd be surprised (or maybe you wouldn't) at some of the stuff I see on plans ... stuff that absolutely, positively could not be built the way it's drawn no matter how long somebody tried to fight with it. And I've watched some of the drafters produce that dreck -- try to point out politely that it can't be done that way, and they get huffy and tell you they're not being paid to think, they're only being paid to put lines in the screen.

I kid you not.

I still prefer to think of it as "Descriptive Geometry." And if you can't do it manually, you probably can't REALLY do it in AutoCAD. Between my consulting architect practice and my part-time gig as a building inspector, you'd be surprised (or maybe you wouldn't) at some of the stuff I see on plans ... stuff that absolutely, positively could not be built the way it's drawn no matter how long somebody tried to fight with it. And I've watched some of the drafters produce that dreck -- try to point out politely that it can't be done that way, and they get huffy and tell you they're not being paid to think, they're only being paid to put lines in the screen.

I kid you not.

Oh I know exactly what your talking about.. I've had to use other peoples drawings before just to find out their scale was wrong or dimensions were off..

I sat for a whole day trying to get one drawing back to the right scale. I was wondering why everything I was drawing looked good on paper, but when I went to the machine things werent fitting as spec'ed.. It was a complex mechanical drawing, but I can imagine what would happen when something like that would happen on a larger architecture scale.. Plus the fact that your draftsmen might not even know what 16 on center means, or even that a 2x4 is really a 1.5 x 3.5....... :nuts: