got me some WJ LCA's

Knocked off work early today and hit the junkyard. Stumbled across a WJ, and liberated the LCA’s. $12/ea :D

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Also, got my shackles back from getting sandblasted (thanks to my neighbor) jamminz.gif :

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Shot some paint on the shackles and hung them to dry. I’m gonna put them in when I swap the D44 in, with new poly bushings. The LCA’s will go in when I lift the front to match the rear.

Jeff

No lift, but they're boxed instead of C-channel (the front bushing is egg shaped instead of round to allow for torsional twisting), and have an offset in the center of them, which hepls prevent tire rubbing on full lock. They are the same length as regular XJ/MJ/ZJ arms, but you have to cut down the sleeve and bushing on the frameside a tad for them to fit into the mount.

Pete M, and some others on NAXJA have installed them with great success. Run a quick search on here for Pete's post....he has lotsa nice pics of his install. I'm not gonna get to mine for a few weeks, at least....I just saw 'em and grabbed them today for a later install.

Jeff

so if they're boxed...they'd be easier and stronger to cut apart and lengthen or shorten as needed correct?

maybe i'll get me a pair for my wheeling truck?

he just means they're not C channel like the stock ones we have. they're sort-of tube, not sure exactly what tube they are.

yea...way i figure it that makes them stronger. plus if i cut them in half i can lenthen them out

i wanted to protest but i can't see any reason they would be less beefy than stock. just make sure its really strong cause if it fails thats your @$$

They are same length as stock? I know you can get a caster adjustment kit for the ZJs (I had one with the kit installed) which would help for lifting (equal to lengthening the arms)

You can for a MJ/XJ too. I've NEVER seen a kit to do it, or it mentioned for or by anybody with a smaller lift. But you can shim about .250" more length to the LCAs. Maybe a hair more if you drill a little.

But if one wanted the shims, the junkyard has lots. Most XJs come with at least 2 shims, or more. My MJ had 4 from the factory.

what year did those LCA's come from I would like to get a set of those for myself :brows: at the local pic and pull nice job mjeff87 jamminz.gif btw got a new addition to the family. 96xj for $500.

WJ's ran from 1999 till 2004. Any of those years will have the same LCA's.

CW

Sorry, I was off the boards over the weekend....my birthday and I was outta town.

ejndssn- they came off a 2001 WJ in a local 'yard up here in RIC. IF you're ever up this way, lemme know and I'll take ya down (there are 2 of them, about 30 min apart, both owned by the same company).

Jeff