help finding missing fuse or something else

This is going to be long to explain. I am trying to find what is missing[yearsagowhen my son was using the mj he removed something I think because he did not want the chimes working] now I would like to fix what ever that was. So here is what all does not work anymore, chimes, cruise control, wiper delay, headlight delay. I appreciate any suggestions on what to check. It is a '92 4x4 auto 4.0l longbed. 

By chimes I assume you mean the door/seatbelt buzzer?

It's a little black module that plugs into the fuse panel, IIRC. But unplugging it shouldn't affect wiper delays, etc. It almost seems like he just unplugged all the modules under the dash willy-nilly until something worked... And then didn't plug them back in again. Unplugging just the buzzer unit from the fuse panel by itself won't disable any of those features. I would know, mine's been u plugged since the first month I had it.

My advise, beyond checking all your fuses, is to get under the dash and see if you can spot anything that looks unplugged. 

Looking at the circuit diagram, there's a 7.5A fuse in the panel that could maybe take out both the buzzer and cruise control, and possibly the headlight delay... but I suspect it would also take out some of the instrument cluster with it. 

Wiper module is flat and black, and has a plug on two sides. Mine came unplugged once on its own.

Do you know for a fact yours was equipped with the headlight dealay? It's an option not all of them had. 

4 hours ago, creekscout said:

This is going to be long to explain. I am trying to find what is missing[yearsagowhen my son was using the mj he removed something I think because he did not want the chimes working] now I would like to fix what ever that was. So here is what all does not work anymore, chimes, cruise control, wiper delay, headlight delay. I appreciate any suggestions on what to check. It is a '92 4x4 auto 4.0l longbed. 

Did you ask him? Yes, he must have been annoyed with the buzzing the chime module makes, so he pulled everything he saw under the dash until he found the chime module. Probably in this order: the headlight delay module (usually hanging from it's harness), the wiper delay module (inline on the steering column multifunction switch harness, then unplugged the cruise yellow wire (also on the steering column multifunction switch harness), then finally found the black or blue chime module near the fuse panel. I would be highly annoyed........

The headlight delay is the "Sentinel" feature, silver module bolts up around the headlight switch under the knee kicker, some had some didn't, the wiper delay is a black plastic module that sits again left side of the steering wheel, usually attached with velcro, at the knee kicker. Cruise could be a fuse or a relay.

productive day today, I now have the wiper delay working, cruise control is working, and I have located where the chime module should be but have not found a module after looking thru 2 junkyards today. If anyone can give me a part # for the chime module I will try to find a new one. As far as the headlight sentinel, I think maybe it was  a '91 cherokee laredo that I had that I know had the headlight sentinel that had me thinking the mj had one, so I think now that it did not have that option. The main problem seemed like some of the contacts for the above items were corroded a bit and after working the connectors around some all these things are now functional. Thank you everyone for your advice.