Transmission Swap

This weekend I picked up AX-15 to swap in my 87 MJ with the  Peugeot BA-10.  I was unable to find a complete donor so I'm forced to find everything separate.  My question is will my stock cross member work with the AX-15?  Any other suggestions will be helpful.  Thanks  

You will need a crossmember from an AX-15 XJ or MJ.  They have a 1 inch recess for the transmission mount that the BA-10 does not have.  I had to piece mine together as well. so I know your pain lol

You will/may also need to get a tcase from the AX15 donor.  The tcase from the BA will not mate up to the AX.  The input shaft spline counts are different (BA - 21 splines, AX - 23 splines).  Or, you can rebuild the tcase to replace the input shaft.

Also, what year Jeep did the AX come from?  The earlier AX's were internal slaves and the input shaft tips had a smaller tip.  Later AX's (94+) came with external slaves and a larger input shaft tips.  

If the AX came from a YJ and not an XJ, the tcase clocking will be different.

To go from internal slave to external slave will require at least changing the slave if not the whole clutch hydraulic system.

If your AX is the later model (larger tip) you will need to change the pilot bearing/bushing.

See my conversion thread:  http://comancheclub.com/topic/48136-my-ax15-swap/

FYI - for those reading later ... The input shaft Pilot diameters changed in 1991, to 3/4". So going by internal/external slave isn't going to help there.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I did not know the year of change for the tip of the input shaft.  I will make a mental note.  Thanks.