wheel spacers need help

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy Spidertrax spacers and be done with it. Damn man it's not rocket science!

Don't buy crappy Chinese junk from EBay or cheap knock offs.

Unlike your constant 2.8 swaps do this once. Right the first time! Buy Spidertrax hub centric spacers in 5x4.5 lug pattern.

Got it? Good!

The tech and review in that post was less then good. It says nothing besides you have bought 3 sets, the most recent set in August. It's your truck and your choice. The choice for me is simple. I'll buy a quality product with a proven track record. If you choose to put cheap parts on your rig more power to you.

Why would you gamble on the one part of your truck that matters the most? The tires are the only part of a vehicle that actually makes contact with the road. Not a gamble I'm willing to take.

everyone thats on cherokeetalk.com has been buying them and using them. say the look and feel just like spidertrax spacers with out the coating. also just asked how they are doing and he posted back up still tight and working like they should. there are cheaper ones on ebay so maybe these are not Chinese junk. I'm going to ask the seller. 

They are made in the USA and USA 6061-t6 billet.   TECH    DOC

In a message dated 12/19/2014 10:11:36 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,cexxxxxx@yahoo.com writes:

we at comancheclub.com and cherokeetalk.com would like to know where your wheel spacers are made at usa can china ect. please email me back or post up on cherokeetalk.com under cjbargins thread that we already have started because we have a few that have bought and like your product. thank you

Trey Elam

pizzaman3872 on cherokeetalk.com

muddfoot on Comancheclub.com

I just got home to check the ebay link. Those spacers are only hub centric on the axle side. Your wheel is still only supported by the studs.

I stand by my first comment. Buy quality parts. Buy the Spidertrax wheel spacers. They have a outlet store that will cost $160 for all four. I wouldn't risk my life over $61.

They sure are. Notice anything different on the wheel side of the two spacers? Those things are only lug centric for the wheel. I'll stand by my original comment below also. But you do what you want to...............

The description says nothing about them being hub-centric. I wouldn't touch them.

F67723539.jpg

I just got home to check the ebay link. Those spacers are only hub centric on the axle side. Your wheel is still only supported by the studs.

I stand by my first comment. Buy quality parts. Buy the Spidertrax wheel spacers. They have a outlet store that will cost $160 for all four. I wouldn't risk my life over $61.

how do ya know if they're hub centric on both sides? i'm lookin at a set of 4 (only cause i can't afford 200 for spidertrax) http://www.ebay.com/itm/331334549885?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Redwolf

Because I can see them in the picture. There are also pics posted and an explanation why they are NOT hub centric. There are also two other members after me saying they are NOT hub centric. What else do you need to tell you they are NOT hub centric?

They are NOT hub centric.

I told you that you can get them from Spidertraxs' outlet for $160 shipped also.

I am done offering you any advice. You refuse to listen or follow sound advice. You will continue to waste not only your time but your money buying inferior parts.

Good luck!

Because I can see them in the picture. There are also pics posted and an explanation why they are NOT hub centric. There are also two other members after me saying they are NOT hub centric. What else do you need to tell you they are NOT hub centric?

They are NOT hub centric.

I told you that you can get them from Spidertraxs' outlet for $160 shipped also.

I am done offering you any advice. You refuse to listen or follow sound advice. You will continue to waste not only your time but your money buying inferior parts.

Good luck!

1. that didn't even answear my question.

2. i am listenin to your advice.

3. i can tell that the ones mud posted were not hub centric.

4. i still wanna know how can you tell if a spacer is hub centric on BOTH sides

Redwolf

how do ya know if they're hub centric on both sides? i'm lookin at a set of 4 (only cause i can't afford 200 for spidertrax) http://www.ebay.com/itm/331334549885?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Redwolf

Look at the two photos in Hornbrod's post #60. The upper ones are Spidertrax. Do you see that ring around the center hole, inside the lugs? That ring (or flange) is the same size and diameter as the projection of the actual hub through the drum or rotor. The center hole of the wheel fits snugly onto this flange, allowing the flange to support the vehicle's weight and the lug and lug nuts only have to hold the wheel on the hub.

On the back side, the side that mates to the vehicle's axle, the center hole has a small depression milled around it to allow it to fit snugly onto the hub flange of the axle.

Now look at the lower photo. Notice that the outer face is completely flat/flush, from the outer edge right in to the center opening. No flange. Nothing to key into the center hole of the wheel.

Don't buy them. If you can't afford to do it right, don't do it until you save some more money.

Edit: they ones you linked are hub and "wheel centric" but are of questionable quality. No refunds? Really? Lifetime warranty with Spidertrax spacers. Seems like a no brainer to me!

i knew they were hub centric but the wheel centric has me a little confused as to what that is (been meanin to ask about that)

Redwolf

Look at the two photos in Hornbrod's post #60. The upper ones are Spidertrax. Do you see that ring around the center hole, inside the lugs? That ring (or flange) is the same size and diameter as the projection of the actual hub through the drum or rotor. The center hole of the wheel fits snugly onto this flange, allowing the flange to support the vehicle's weight and the lug and lug nuts only have to hold the wheel on the hub.

On the back side, the side that mates to the vehicle's axle, the center hole has a small depression milled around it to allow it to fit snugly onto the hub flange of the axle.

Now look at the lower photo. Notice that the outer face is completely flat/flush, from the outer edge right in to the center opening. No flange. Nothing to key into the center hole of the wheel.

Don't buy them. If you can't afford to do it right, don't do it until you save some more money.

thank you eagle, i knew how to tell if a spacer was hub centric from the outside of the spacer that the rim bolts to, but was not sure about a spacer bein hub centric on the inside, now i know  :thumbsup: but i need have 1 more question about the spacers (other than the wheel centric), i've noticed on a couple different spacers (including spridertrax) where what looks like the old wheel studs poke through it has a depression (like the back of the spacers) is that for the nuts that come with the spacers to sit in?

Redwolf

i've noticed on a couple different spacers (including spridertrax) where what looks like the old wheel studs poke through it has a depression (like the back of the spacers) is that for the nuts that come with the spacers to sit in?

The stock Jeep wheel studs sit within the wheel spacer. The wheel spacer is secured using nuts provided by the spacer manufacture. You can reuse your existing lug nuts to hold the wheel to the spacer.

i've noticed on a couple different spacers (including spridertrax) where what looks like the old wheel studs poke through it has a depression (like the back of the spacers) is that for the nuts that come with the spacers to sit in?

The stock Jeep wheel studs sit within the wheel spacer. The wheel spacer is secured using nuts provided by the spacer manufacture. You can reuse your existing lug nuts to hold the wheel to the spacer.

thanks, that deffently clears up a few things  :thumbsup:

Redwolf