Lock cylinders

Are there any write-ups on changing lock cylinders? I purchased them but can't figure out how to change them out. I searched and only found to take the rubber cover off the inside of the door and pop off the clip.

There are two actoator rods that you have to disconnect. They are long and have a bend in them (like an L). The bottom part of the L gos into a hole and you have to pull it out. There is a thing that holds it from falling out. It swings up and clips onto the long part of the rod. You will be able to feel it. Once you unclip that the small part will slide right out.

Before I begin a new thread, since this is directly related, I'll inquire here.

I have a 1988 Comanche Laredo that I got with no keys. I replaced the missing ignition switch, but need to do something about the doors. Chrysler/Jeep no longer has the key code record for my VIN#.

Do I need to replace the locks or is there a way to determine the key cut I need. Thanks.

I have a 1988 Comanche Laredo that I got with no keys. I replaced the missing ignition switch, but need to do something about the doors. Chrysler/Jeep no longer has the key code record for my VIN#.

Do I need to replace the locks or is there a way to determine the key cut I need. Thanks.

I think you can take the locks out, take them to a locksmith and they should be able to make you a new key.

Just order them from teamcherokee.com