Research Paper for Writing 122

feerocknok

I'm writing a paper for my writing class against the closing of trails. My current points to work off of are the willingness of four-wheelers to clean their domain (like the clean-ups the clubs around me put on), the allowing of class I and III vehicles on trails (with harmful 2-stoke engines), and the ability for children to learn to take care of their forests through their parents, who have learned from the access (poor wording there, sorry).

Can anyone think of any other points to work off of, or any particular website to find information. Researching's going pretty well so far.

:banana: <-I like this one.

Hmm, my local club put out a forest fire (before it really got going) last weekend that some camper had started.

Not really a great point, but the only reason that there's not a huge fire in southern BC right now is because there was a bunch of 4x4ers there with shovels and buckets. The forest is already bloody dry.

But I can't think of anything that you'd reference.

Trails we use in the Mid Atlantic area are mostly fire acces trails. By running these trails they are open for the equipment to get through in a timely manner. If no one used them then in the fire season they would have to PAY people to clear the roads or just clear them themselves when there was a fire they had to get to. This would cause them to have slower responses or spend money on something that was going to be obtained for free.

:offtopic: TJ I see you are from Richmond jamminz.gif I am from just south of you :eek: So what trails do you wheel? Most of the fire road trails, and open trails in VA require your vehicle to be street legal :mad: and mine is no where near that :nanner:

Personally I don't mind paying to wheel, that way it seperates the hardcore ones from the less serious :smart: Also it promotes the sport more. One of my Favorite places to wheel is Crozet VA. Cost is 40 bucks for 2 days with free primitive camping 8) and talk about a blast... major carnage, and super hard obstacles all in 80 acres :chillin: plus good peeps as well.