dog seat

For short trips it never mattered, since Carly never takes her eye off what's out the window. For longer trips I usually stuff a sleeping bag or whatever in the footwell and use towels on top of that to make a flat area for her to lie down. I've never thought about building anything. Oh, and back in the day when I took my larger dog Perri places, I removed the whole passenger seat and built up a bed on the floor thick enough so that he wouldn't feel the seat bolts in the floor.

i put my dog in the bed....seems more logical to me :smart:

Not safe enough for me.

Anyone ever tell ya Carly looks like a juvenile red kangaroo in that position?

You would be the first. :D

Oh, and while we;re on the subject, this is the harness I bought Carly for wheeling: It clips into the buckled seat belt and does a great job of keeping her butt in the seat and her head out of the dash.

It's a TJ trans, complete with TJ shifter. :D Also the trans is an inch or so higher than stock. It's like an anti-racing shifter. :D

You're not kidding.....looks like one of the shifters I've seen in big rigs that are like should height. Must be an easy throw though.

It's a TJ trans, complete with TJ shifter. :D Also the trans is an inch or so higher than stock. It's like an anti-racing shifter. :D

You're not kidding.....looks like one of the shifters I've seen in big rigs that are like should height. Must be an easy throw though.

Looks like a bent TaylorMade 3wood to me...

Anyone ever tell ya Carly looks like a juvenile red kangaroo in that position?

You would be the first. :D

Oh, and while we;re on the subject, this is the harness I bought Carly for wheeling: It clips into the buckled seat belt and does a great job of keeping her butt in the seat and her head out of the dash.

Yeah, a Roo-Dog. :cheers: That's what I need to get. I get embarassed riding around w. our cute girly dog Cocker Spaniel. But he loves riding in the MJ, hates riding in the cars, so at least he's got good taste. :D