Can you Id these under dash plugs?

The first image is where the plugs are located-the passenger side dash:

This is a close-up of the plugs. The large plug has pink and black wires. The small plug has purple and black wires.

Correct the second picture is the under dash lights...the top picture i believe is the connector for the antenna...thats were mine is

I think the 1st pic he is showing us where the wires are located. He wants to know what the two connectors in the 2nd pic are.

The big plug on the left (looking in the second pic) is not for the underdash lights, as I added mine myself. The underdash light harness is way up the dash, and there should be a piece of tape on the end of the plug that reads "Courtesy Lamp."

The tweeter plug looked thinner and flatter (nothing like pictured) as I recall seeing tweeters in a junkyard.

So, since I have both those plugs empty too, i don't have a clue what they could be for...

The big plug on the left (looking in the second pic) is not for the underdash lights, as I added mine myself. The underdash light harness is way up the dash, and there should be a piece of tape on the end of the plug that reads "Courtesy Lamp."

The tweeter plug looked thinner and flatter (nothing like pictured) as I recall seeing tweeters in a junkyard.

So, since I have both those plugs empty too, i don't have a clue what they could be for...

The big plug IS for the kick panel lights. I just a added the pig tails and the brackets to them last week. here's some pics to show you (on page 2):

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/view ... s&start=15

The big plug IS for the kick panel lights. I just a added the pig tails and the brackets to them last week. here's some pics to show you (on page 2):

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/view ... s&start=15

Not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying that I added under dash lights, harness, bracket and all, and I still have a plug just like the one shown in the second pic of this thread...

So after looking through the wiring diagrams for the interior, here is what I came up with.

The big plug is indeed the courtesy lamp. Pink and black runs to all interior lighting. I have an 88 MJ harness and a 89 XJ harness and the plugs are the same with the same colors. Just the number of wires going into the back of the plug are different.

The small plug which should be Violet (purple) with a orange stripe and a black wire, goes to the vanity mirror lights. If you had that option, it would plug into the wires that run up the passenger side a-pillar to the vanity lamps on the sun visor.

:cheers:

mfpdm, thanks for confiming the smaller plug.

Knowing that, if I pull the vanity light assembly and wiring back to the plug from a Cherokee at a JY, it should work.

There are two different plugs for the vanity lights. One has a 4 pin connector and the other has a 2 pin connector. My MJ one has the 2 pin and the XJ one has the 4 pin. I believe this may depend on if both visors have the vanity lamps or not.

• 10 years later...

Hi guys, 

I'm almost done with my HO swap project into my 1988 MJ

Needs some help to ID this connector,  same spot (under dash passenger side )  Mine has more than two plugs on this location.  

The donor for my HO harness is a 1992 XJ Laredo.  

Someone can ID this one ?  

Thank's in advance ;)

Daniel

Conector n 2.jpg

Conector no 1.jpg