THe Most repeditive question

I searched and read and searched some more

I Have some bucket seats from a 92 cherokee laredo what needs to happen In order for them to work In the MJ

can anyone give me a clear set of directions? Also Can i just unbolt the Whole bracket then bolt it on the Mj bucket Whole Bracket?

The MJ pedestals are the same for the bucket seats or the bench seat. You can take the pedestals off the bench and use them under XJ buckets. The only thing you won't have is the ability to adjust the passenger seat forward and back, so decide ahead of time where you want it to be and set the pedestal there before you put everything together.

The MJ pedestals are the same for the bucket seats or the bench seat. You can take the pedestals off the bench and use them under XJ buckets. The only thing you won't have is the ability to adjust the passenger seat forward and back, so decide ahead of time where you want it to be and set the pedestal there before you put everything together.

If only I knew that a few weeks ago.

My ds seat has no brackets any more. Completely rotted away. The local jy has a rotted away Comanche that's been tucked in a corner and looks like it's been there for a few years. I didn't look at it too long because it has a bench seat.

I was going to try to make an adapter plate to make XJ brackets fit, but if the benches use the same brackets as the buckets, I guess I'll go back and take the brackets off it instead.

The pedestals are the same. For the bench, instead of a release handle for the fore-and-aft adjustment there's a wire running from the driver's pedestal to the passenger pedestal. You'll lose that when you ditch the bench, which is why you then won't be able to adjust the right side seat.

Unless you get creative and make your own handle for the release. The mechanism is there, it just needs a piece of steel rod welded into/onto it.

As far as my truck goes, the passenger seat is fine. I just need the pedestal for the driver's side. When I have nothing to do on a Saturday, or have a Friday off again, I'm gonna try to make it back to the yard and get the pedestal out from under that bench. Since it is pretty much buried, I expect that truck will be there for a while to come, unlike their Cherokees (about 20 of them) that they rotate through in about a month.

I ran in to the same issue, but I got lucky and found an MJ in the JY and it had buckets. They are in bad shape, but I installed them and put slip covers on them for now until I get around to having them recovered. ;)

XJ's are all over in salvage so you shuold be able to find some without a lot of trouble.

Or you could build your own adapter to fit the seat to the pedestal. People installing custom seats have to, so how hard can it be? :dunno: Having said that, I've got MJ buckets in mine. I'm lazy. :D

DAMNIT I just looked i have the rocker type Does tat matter considering I'm unbolting the complete Frame?

The rocker style buckets will still bolt to the MJ pedestals. But you'll be sitting a couple of inches taller than normal. Fine if you're less than 6 feet tall, not so fine if you're tall.