where to get 18's

been wanting to go to a bigger rim for a while now and since I'm doing a complete build i think now is a good time.

does anyone know of a factory 18 out there that will work on a jeep?

maybe a ford or dodge with the same lug pattern?

was thinking go with a factory rim cause they are cheaper if you shop around.

i know its not everyones style but i like the look so don't to too brutal with the whole"jeeps don't need 18's"

I heard rumors that the Crown Vic rims will work on Jeeps. Haven't tried it yet. 02 and earlier are the ones will a bit less backspacing. 03 and later have more backspacing and are about the same as the magnum rims pictured above.

These particular CV rims are 17s. I bought a set for my sister's MGM, but haven't had an opportunity to try them on one of my Jeeps yet.

No, that's not the actual car I have here, it's just a picture I found online of a similar setup. If I had that place I wouldn't be mowing the lawn of the Drs office across the street so I can use his parking lot to store my trucks.

Yes the Ford is the same lug pattern... but the center hole could be too small. The ford steel rim is a nice jeep rim as well because of the lower BS numbers, but these need to be opened up a bit to fit the Jeep hub. not a big deal with a steel rim....

Give it a try Pete, I'd be interested to know if that was the case for alloys as well.

CW

All my knowledge is coming from my research on getting rims for our Marquis and the consensus is that Mustang and charger rims are usable on '03+ Vics. But '02 and older Vics need some spacers to run the other rims or the tires tuck in too much. My guess is that the '02 rims I bought are about 4.5" of backspacing. Tomorrow when the car is up on stands to get it's new shocks/swaybar/hitch I'll pull off a tire and get some proper measurements. Don't know if I'll be able to swap one on an MJ though. Tomorrow's a busy day. :D