2001 xj brake booster, master cylinder, and prop valve

got this all in a trade for some parts awhile back...going to put it in the 3800.

I've kinda ignored the tech on it so far, basically i need to know if it will just bolt in, or am I gonna have to swap out push rods and stuff?

...i want to do this when i do my regear and lift. better to do everything once (I hate bleeding brakes) than twice or more.

WJ boosters are much easier. You don't have to swap out the push rod...only modify it slightly (drill a larger hole, and grind a little flat spot).

not when you got a 2001 one for "free"

traded an amp for it (car stero amp, not the drink)

the amp cost me $50

not bad IMHO

I noticed in my 2001 parts manual that the booster does not have the separate 1/4" aluminum spacer plate that fits between the firewall and the booster and provides clearance. The older 95-96 double diaphram booster did. Is the spacer built-in? Also, the booster part numbers are different between the 2.5 and 4.0; no idea why though. :hmm:

I have a cad drawing that I made for the 1/4 inch plate on my booster if anybody needs it. I can email it to you as an jpeg. Then you can just transfer the hole locations on your stock, and drill it out.

hole locations aren't different are they?

if this is going to be a project in itself, then i'm not doing it...i'll just swap my failing booster for a good one. I want to do my lift, axle swap, and this all at one time...because the brakes will already need bleeding with the new hoses...and i HATE bleeding ANYTHING.

no, no spacer. no need. worse come to worse, i will cut the push rod and reweld it.

I have a cad drawing that I made for the 1/4 inch plate on my booster if anybody needs it. I can email it to you as an jpeg. Then you can just transfer the hole locations on your stock, and drill it out.

hole locations aren't different are they?

if this is going to be a project in itself, then i'm not doing it...i'll just swap my failing booster for a good one. I want to do my lift, axle swap, and this all at one time...because the brakes will already need bleeding with the new hoses...and i HATE bleeding ANYTHING.

no, no spacer. no need. worse come to worse, i will cut the push rod and reweld it.

The spacer is just a flat piece of aluminum. It moves the booster out so it won't hit the firewall. Pull your old booster and stick the 01 up there; you may not even need a spacer if the bolt holes line up. Some guys have even used -gasp- shim washers. :eek:

The spacer is just a flat piece of aluminum. It moves the booster out so it won't hit the firewall. Pull your old booster and stick the 01 up there; you may not even need a spacer if the bolt holes line up. Some guys have even used -gasp- shim washers. :eek:

i don't think that i will need the spacer. we'll see...worse that could happen is i just replace the old one with another stocker.