Another What's it worth thread??

89MJComanche

Another What's it worth thread??

I found a 1991 Pioneer Metric Ton 2WD automatic for sale for $700. The drivers side of the bed is rotton, and the passengers side rocker panel has a large hole. Floor looks pretty good.

Jeep has 168,000 on it.

Is $700 to much for a 2WD with D44 in that condition??

I'm thinking 4WD conversion, with Rough Country AAL Lift, and some 30" Mud Slingers with a snow plow mounted to the front.

What gear ratio is in this?? 4.10 or 3.55???

Gears in the Dana 44 tend to follow the same rules as the 35. So if it's a 4.0L/auto, it'll likely have 3.55s. But since so much time has passed, it's always a good idea to check and not assume.

currently on ebay there are 2 d44's ranging from 350 -500. so there is your starting point. A running vehicle is worth 500 bucks if the tires are round and hold air. I would buy it if it is something I could use for its intended purpose.

As for converting a 2wd to 4wd. Not a lot of work if you have a complete parts rig, but you have to ask yourself "can I find a 4x4 MJ in my area for less then it would cost to convert this one?" I found a nice one in my area for less then what you are willing to pay for the 2wd one.

currently on ebay there are 2 d44's ranging from 350 -500. so there is your starting point. A running vehicle is worth 500 bucks if the tires are round and hold air. I would buy it if it is something I could use for its intended purpose.

As for converting a 2wd to 4wd. Not a lot of work if you have a complete parts rig, but you have to ask yourself "can I find a 4x4 MJ in my area for less then it would cost to convert this one?" I found a nice one in my area for less then what you are willing to pay for the 2wd one.

Not even worth asking yourself that. Look for a 4x4 XJ parts donor. Easier to come by, and probably cheaper. Converting is fun!