91 Comanche

Dana 44

4.5" Rubicon Express

monotube shocks

4.0L

Automatic

4x4

SWB

It's SOA an has fiberglass front fenders a la JeepSpeed. Looks clean and has 2 tone "Eliminator" stickers, sittin on 33s. Rims and bumpers are nothing special, in fact I don't care for either the rims (5 fat rounded spokes) nor the prerunner style bumper.

The sticker is like this:

ELIMINATOR===================

ELIMINATOR==================

The top is dark grey with a light grey behind the letters the bottom is light with dark in back. The stripes after eliminator go to the rear wheel well.

Here's the problem. He said he might part with it, and how much would I be willing to pay?

This is not an exercise in "what would you pay for this truck" this is to figure out what I should respond with. An actual valid fair price that won't piss him off and won't leave me with buyers remorse.

Apart from being clean there isn't a lot special- the 44 is probably swapped in, the fenders are bolt on, the paint is probably replica, the front axle is stock, it's open front and rear, etc. I don't even think there are tow hooks and it might be missing the tailgate. And the backspacing looks wrong so the tires probably rub.

So, what should I respond with?

well my MJ was listed for $2200 and i offered him $1500 and he took it and it was a bone stock:

87 Comanche Chief

4.0, ba 10/5, Np231 D30/D44 (3.07's)

A/C,P/S.P/B ETC

NO RUST ANYWHERE AND ONLY 150K

I would offer that guy anywhere from 4000-4500

First go with the KBB blue book value. Then forget what he's done externally to the truck since you don't like it anyway and it means crap to you. Next check his mechanical records, either homebrewed or done by a "professional" . Once we see all this and pics we can give you a better idea on price. Ask how old the RE lift kit is and ask for receipts. If it's newer (less than a year old) I'd say that bumps the price up $500. Older and just fugettaboutit. Don't let him add money for the rims and bumpers since your gonna change em anyway. Let's see some pics and what mileage he's got.

It's the white MJ on

Code 4x4

It belongs to the owner of Code:

"I really like the truck and don't want to part with it, .................but for the right price I'd consider it."

I don't know him, he could be looking for $5500 or something, or he could just be ready because he's added the 4 door wrangler to the stable.

I emailed him a few questions and requested more photos. I'll keep you all posted.

When I buy a vehicle.. I look at the over all mechanical condition plus add ons. This doeant mean I give him full price for the value of parts he has added, but more of what the parts are worth if I go to sell them.

Reciepts for parts don't mean squat.. I have a set of RE adj uppers I bought a few yrs ago.. they have 4 runs on them and 1000 street mile.. I paid 125 new for them... now they sell for over 225... does that mean they are worth more then what I paid.. I will put it to you like this... I won't sell them for that :brows:

Also you have to go with your gut.. and feel the guy out... if he is in a hurry to sell.. or he is just checking intrest

Well he sold the gray 88 for $10K and wants $7300 for the white one as he'd rather have a long wheel base. Way out of my price range, I was thinking $4K... ah well.

Thanks for the help!

Jeremiah

He said, "however I really need a long bed and/or a FS truck for a shop truck" that's as much as I know.

I don't know I think I could have a rust free truck delivered from GA to CO then pay to put a whole new drivetrain and interior in it and then paint it and still come out under $7K... too bad I don't have that kind of moolah to play with!