Zerk Fittings

500 MJ

Does anyone know the "proper" term for the zerk fitting pictured here? Anyone know where I can buy more of them?

n6603948_31288157_5953.jpg

I've tried all of the major auto-parts stores and they NEVER have them in stock. I always hear the line "Those are something lots of people come in for, maybe we should start stocking them"

"DOH!" :roll:

Fortunately I was able to get one off of a parts U-joint I had for my front end and install it on my CV shaft when I needed it this time.

I've heard them called "flush mount" before, just wondering if people call them other names?

As Limeyjeeper stated the proper terminology is Grease Fitting. Fastenal carries them as do Harbor Freight. Tractor supply in the neighborhood? ZERK is the name of one of the guy who patented them but his patent calls them Lubrication Fittings. Alemite, Lincoln and General Signal make them also. What you refer to as flush mount are the type of grease fitting that only requires a hole to drive the fitting into, There is a tool to drive with and you actually hammer them in. The type you used in the CV shaft are threaded, in this case 1/8" NPT.