hood release

Most of the problems I've found were at the latch lever, the under side of the hood,, center, where the cable is attached. That would bind up, and cause the cable to break (Yea, see sticky) I had one that was bent, and that was causing a bind, lube it up with some PB Blaster to break any rust, working it back and forth, and then after a couple of days, spray some white lithium grease on the lever.

my hood release is sticking more and more. before i look at everything, has anyone found causes for this to happen with eventually something breaking? :popcorn:

thanks for the info. with the hood up the latch works fine. the drivers side latch, not on hood ,looked like it moved so i moved it where i thought it should be. it worked easier. i sprayed everything with pb blaster. going to use some cold temperature lithium based grease. its called ' lubriplate aero'. iso 9001. i wonder why they didn't use 6 or even ten more latches. i could have them across the whole front end.

my hood release is sticking more and more. before i look at everything, has anyone found causes for this to happen with eventually something breaking? :popcorn:

thanks for the info. with the hood up the latch works fine. the drivers side latch, not on hood ,looked like it moved so i moved it where i thought it should be. it worked easier. i sprayed everything with pb blaster. going to use some cold temperature lithium based grease. its called ' lubriplate aero'. iso 9001. i wonder why they didn't use 6 or even ten more latches. i could have them across the whole front end.

He!! I think two is overkill... they only needed one.. ,, but a jeep hood really locks down nice and tight though.

He!! I think two is overkill... they only needed one.. ,, but a jeep hood really locks down nice and tight though.

Don't mind jt he like things tight, but who dosen't right? :D

Oh come on. There's nothing cooler than driving down the highway at 65 and having it pop up, then refusing to latch back down even when you sit on the damn hood.

I, of course, would have no idea whatsoever what that would be like.