Every once in a great while, usually when I haven't logged in in awhile (Generally I'm on at least 3 times a day), I'll log in and it won't have the orange icons showing new posts, even though the time stamps tell otherwise. Just wondering what could cause this...I hope nobody's hacking into my account?

Our free forum software has some glitches in it. :roll:

I'd be happy to pitch in a few bucks for a non-free Forum Software version, something like Vbulletin... Wouldn't take many small donations to get the $170 or whatever for something non-free...

:D

Our free forum software has some glitches in it. :roll:

We can't complain! I've been to many free sites that have really obnoxious advertisments plastered everywhere. This board is nice and clean :brows: .

I'm sure we will be getting some non-free forum software eventually.

But NO obnoxious ads. EVER!

good cause I hate when I'm on other forums I'm part of and something like "car" or "intake" is highlighted and underlined like a link and it pops up a small lil ad selling bodykits or something ghey like that.. Just go with the K.I.S.S. philosophy on this one.. I hate having to scan through a bunch of ad's on the side and top too... esp the animated ones... my A.D.D. kicks in real good,,,,,

good cause I hate when I'm on other forums I'm part of and something like "car" or "intake" is highlighted and underlined like a link and it pops up a small lil ad selling bodykits or something ghey like that.. Just go with the K.I.S.S. philosophy on this one.. I hate having to scan through a bunch of ad's on the side and top too... esp the animated ones... my A.D.D. kicks in real good,,,,,

And then you accidently mouse over the little link, and a window pops up, and you can't get rid of it, and the only way to do so, is to click on it, which opens up a new window which you don't want to see, then you have to close it, and a pop-up pops up.......... :rant:

And then you accidently mouse over the little link, and a window pops up, and you can't get rid of it, and the only way to do so, is to click on it, which opens up a new window which you don't want to see, then you have to close it, and a pop-up pops up.......... :rant:

exactly!!! :mad:

Yes. Works pretty good. Only a few ads I've had to kill since then. But once you right-click and block the ad, it doesn't come back. Although on some websites they have a revolving list of ads for a specific location on the page and I had to block each one individually when I saw it.