Looking for a window breakdown

My manual crank window in the driver's door isn't working right. Anyone have an exploded parts breakdown I can look at? It cranks fine up and down except for the bottom 3 inches. Trying to go up or down in the bottom 3 inches just makes the crank handle make loud popping noises.

There is no repair. The end of the cable rusts away and falls off. When the windows are up the end is sitting in the bottom of the door and is sitting in water. Mine went in 11 years.

The whole assembly needs to be replaced. It's hit or missed with used ones. My parts car was in excellent shape so in they went.

Yea, if your regulator is shot, it's shot, no repairing can be done.

After market -

http://www.teamgrandwagoneer.com/cgi-bi ... r&catid=95

But there showing out of stock, and they were running $95-$120 each. :eek:

Buy a set of the replacements, and you can buy a whole XJ just for the good regulators :brows:

Also note, just the front doors from a 4 door XJ will work, the rear doors will not work (I've checked that out already)

If you have a Haynes book, there's a exposed view of the window regulator in there, under "body"

did you get your pic?

I just got done repairing mine,not fun,if you still

need,I work in a Mopar parts dept,i can email one tonite

from home,or fax it from work.

Let me know.

As was described,the cable affair wears out,nothing you can do

but replace it,I got a regulator out of warranty,disassembled it,used the

cable,but unless you work for a Jeep parts dept,that option is probably out.Sorry.

New reg from your dealer may be cheaper than online,check it out.

If I can help,let me know.

I serched and serched everywhere and nobody seems to be able to get them - I lucked out on a complete door in good condition for 10 bucks - I got it for the regulator alone....

I serched and serched everywhere and nobody seems to be able to get them - I lucked out on a complete door in good condition for 10 bucks - I got it for the regulator alone....

Ya, that's my plan too.

Silver88, thanks for the offer. I'm sort of between addresses right now so I'll have to take a rain check.