Cigarette lighter light?

Go to page 3, 4th post. I recently discovered the same thing and added the info to a previous thread about interior lights TAZ posted. Sorry about the bad camera phone pic of the bulb you are talking about. And get a 1891LL, i.e. long life, instead of a regular 1891 bulb as I mentioned.

http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopi ... c&start=30

:chillin:

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone help me to get the green ring around the Cigar Lighter to work?

As you can see from the images below, there is a wire with a light socket receptacle in the Cigar Lighter assembly. The light socket receptacle is hot when the dash lights are on and my Cigar lighter is functioning.

I removed the good 1181 bulb from the back of the clock assembly and inserted it into the light socket receptacle and it does not light-up. I also added an image of a similar styled bulb. It has a flat bottom with a metal contact on either side.

What do I need to do to make this work?

Image Not Found

You need the ground. There is a small piece that holds the bulb on socket and creates the ground. It also directs the light to the green ring. I don't have a pic handy right now but can get one in a day or so.

look at my link above for pics, but it does not look like you have the cylinder that holds the light. it clips on to the cig lighter and has a metal sleeve with just a hole at the end that directs the light inside your cig lighter and around the green trim. the metal to metal of the sleeve clipped to the cig lighter housing acts as the ground, i.e. it will not light up when unclipped from the cig lighter.