MJ floor pan

I think I remember from a previous thread that you have to be real specific when ordering to thell them it's for a Comanche. But even still it might be a "universal" pan as I recall that same thread somebody else said it was not a perfect fit but with a little hammering and such was pretty good.

JeepDew, please keep us posted with what you find, especially if you do use Sherman's, as I will be doing my pass. side this summer.

I bought my replacement front fenders from Sherman's and was pleased with them. I plan to buy my replacement floorpans from them soon... it's one of my summer projects when the weather gets nice this year :brows:

I'm not sure about the fit either, anyone with any expeience with this? I'd like to hear what they came up with too.

www.shermanparts.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ok. I will post some pics of the floorpans from ebay.......they worked well for me......but I wasn't looking for perfection. Only have drivers side test fitted/cut.............didn't have to do too much to get them to fit.

Ok now that I have a pic up I need to ask a question. The right side of the frame rail has two BUMPS (for lack of a better word). I think they were old welds from the PO who attempted to patch the floor. Is there any way to get rid of them? I am in the process of grinding them but it seems like it is taking forever. If I don't get rid of them the floor pan will sit off the frame rail and I don't think that's a good idea.. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks. Diane

You are going to have to grind them or use a cutoff wheel, plama torch, or oxy fuel burning (not recommended do to post clean up and heat distortion).

Try using the outer part of the grinding wheel. The grinding wheels tend to cut more like that. Also grinding with the bottom part (underside) tends to cause you grinding wheels to come apart when they get weell used :brows: