CJ8/Brute/RubiTrux

WahooSteeler

From looking at their sight, it's all based on them taking an LJ Unlimited and half cab it. You can do as little or as much as you want after that, i.e. no lift, lift, std hard top resized or AEV hard top, etc. As they advertise, it's light duty.

Either way, I think it looks pretty cool.

From looking at their sight, it's all based on them taking an LJ Unlimited and half cab it. You can do as little or as much as you want after that, i.e. no lift, lift, std hard top resized or AEV hard top, etc. As they advertise, it's light duty.

Either way, I think it looks pretty cool.

I like them, newer scrambler. just buy ther stock one and do your own lift jamminz.gif

Well looks sorta cool. :roll:

However, having owned a CJ8/Scrambler, I can tell you this

The CJ8 had a longer wheelbase, (I'm pretty sure), and the bed in that was hardly big enough to do anything "truckish".

That being said and seeing as the bed in this would be even shorter then the CJ8, I'd have to say this is a WASTE.

I'd love to See Jeep start putting the UTILITY back into SUVs, but this after market job just doesn't cut it. :cry:

But I do agree it looks cool

I think "cool" is clearly what you are buying here, and I think that goes for most Scrambler owners also. My guess is not too many Scrambler owners had visions of doing a lot of "truckish" things with them as you say. I wouldn't say this design is a waste. I think they've hit on a small niche and provide a poor man's Brute in a kinda sorta way. Can you say classic Bronco 1/2 cab here?

I WOULD have liked to see them extend the frame and bed 12 inches though, just to get a little more usefulness out of it (read: carry a dirt bike) but then you've got a lot more material and labor driving the price up. Bottom line, I'm sure there's a few home-brewed fabs like this out there already, now there's just someone building them for sale in small quantity.

I think that having a 1/2 top on a lj would be cool.

As in now I'am cool'in 1/2 the space.

I know that when I did the windjammer and duster set up on my sami the heat an air work'd real good afterward's

If they made one for the sami's I'd be all over it..

Think about it you got haft the space to heat/cool,

With hard door's it's dry, it quieter, an you can lock the door's.

i agree with zukidave. it all depends on what you want. sure you can't do as many 'truckish' things with it as a comanche, but that's the same as a comanche compared to a 1-ton truck. if you're looking for an off road capable vehicle for 2 with additional storage space that doesn't have to be locked up or kept dry, it could be useful. i probably wouldn't get one because i've got a family and 2 seats won't cut it, and once i replace my comanche ( :( ) it will have to have more room, unless i chop it cheromanche style. but still, i wouldn't call it a waste.