What's this?

just a guess, but the XJ that came out of might have had that "sentry" panel in the dash, and that might be a sensor of sorts for rear axle fluid level (?????) Is it just attached to the axle, or does the wiring actually go into the diff?

Jeff

just a guess, but the XJ that came out of might have had that "sentry" panel in the dash, and that might be a sensor of sorts for rear axle fluid level (?????) Is it just attached to the axle, or does the wiring actually go into the diff?

Jeff

Hhmmm. I was going to say locker until you brought that up. It does appear to be a factory looking setup. But if both axles came from the same xj, it should have one on the front as well. The sentry system monitored all fluid levels or temps. Forget which but it was only availible on waggys, I think. Besides being next to impossible to find the sentry dash piece, the actual sensors are even harder to find. Will be courious to see how this comes out.

Edit: If that cover will come off, you would be able to tell real quick. If it is the sentry system, it should just be screwed into the housing.(kinda like yor temp sensors on the engine block)

:popcorn:

I took the cover off and there are two wires going into the diff, so I guess it is the sensor.

Thanks all.

2005655308447732134_rs.jpg

That is a rare bird you have there. The first one I've ever seen.

So does the front have one as well?

I took the cover off and there are two wires going into the diff, so I guess it is the sensor.

Thanks all.

2005655308447732134_rs.jpg

Unless you have the Sentinel panel monitor in the dash, me thinks you should pull that sensor and seal it off with a NPT plug. Might prevent future leaks.

That is indeed the XJ Waggy Sent sensor. The front should have it too, but if not then the front was never swapped. My 91 was going to get a set of Waggy axles with those on em since I have the Sent in the MJ. I decided against it since I didn't feel like doing the swap for something that will mainly just be for show.

Alex

That is indeed the XJ Waggy Sent sensor. The front should have it too, but if not then the front was never swapped. My 91 was going to get a set of Waggy axles with those on em since I have the Sent in the MJ. I decided against it since I didn't feel like doing the swap for something that will mainly just be for show.

Alex

Do you have any of the sentry wired up or is it just in there? If Super_MJ pulls them out you ought to see if he'll send them to you. Even if you don't install them, having them, plus the dash unit, could be worth something someday. If anything an interesting conversation piece. :D

:cheers:

Do you have any of the sentry wired up or is it just in there? If Super_MJ pulls them out you ought to see if he'll send them to you. Even if you don't install them, having them, plus the dash unit, could be worth something someday. If anything an interesting conversation piece. :D

Some of it is wired, wiper fluid level and a few other easy to install sensors like that. If he wasn't clear across the nation and getting rid of the entire axle it would work. Not sure but I think trying to put the just sensors in a normal axle wouldn't be a smart move. Someday I will find another Waggy XJ with em still and swap em out if I still have the 91.

Alex

Some of it is wired, wiper fluid level and a few other easy to install sensors like that. If he wasn't clear across the nation and getting rid of the entire axle it would work. Not sure but I think trying to put the just sensors in a normal axle wouldn't be a smart move. Someday I will find another Waggy XJ with em still and swap em out if I still have the 91.

Alex

Or, you might just take your Sent off and send my way ...

j\k

Don't think I'm going to mess with it for the time being.