Went Fisnun But

deziped

Went up river (Umpqua) today.

Caught a steeelhead here

Image Not Found[/img]

To cold so decided to go up the hill. At 1500 a little snow

Image Not Found

AT 4000 the store is buried & the lake is frozenover.

Image Not Found

Of course the snowmobiles were out in force, these stopped for lunch

[/img]

Image Not Found

This looked good so I tried it. Didn't get far. No lift & meat on this MJ. See Avatar

Image Not Found[/img]

So I went to lunch. Chunk of ice on window blocks view of frozen lake.

Image Not Found[/img]

It was a beautiful day on top of mountain, nothing but sunshine. If I wasn't so old I'd do this more often. Oh that's Diamond Lake 80 miles East of Roseburg OR in the Cascade mountains for those not familiar with Southern Oregon. OK, OK, so now I'll shut up.

No reason to shut up, that was a great little ride and view. Wow!

Definitely a place I plan on visiting one day. I've been up to Bellingham, WA before on a short business trip. The pacific northwest is some of the most beautiful area I've ever seen, and I am hugely biased living in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley and Blue Ridge Mountains.

I'll never forget the drive from Seattle up to Bellingham right on the coast line. Huge trees and mountains on the right, ocean down below on the left. The experience of having both of those sights in the same view was incredible.

And I apologize for taking away from "the moment" here, but I gotta ask. In the pic from inside of your cab it looks like your hood is black, or some kind of dark color, not the rust/burned orange as in your avatar? I gotta know because if I didn't have a burgundy interior, I'd paint my MJ that same color.

Went up river (Umpqua) today.

Caught a steeelhead here

Image Not Found

Beautiful. But what I want to know is how big was the steelhead? I live on a lake here in 'Bama, no steelhead, no trout of any kind, but plenty of big bass, crappie, and bream. Slow now though in the winter. 'Bout all you can catch now are the crappies. Trout fishing good all winter?

1. I was amazed when I seen that photo. How the truck turned black I'll never Know. The Sun was behind me. Freaky photo thing.

2. Steelhead was about 14=15#, a little critter. Most out of the Umpqua are much bigger than that & can go up to 30#. Hell I drove 40 miles to catch that & the neighbor girl (5th grade) goes up above my house yesterday 1/2 mile to the lake and wins the kids derby by catching two huge rainbows on a bobber & worms. They were both over 20 inches.