eBay Strike - Feb 18th-25th

LEAD_NOT_FOLLOW

Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoNtR-O0sKU

Than watch this:

Yeah, guys, considering how much eBay is screwing over sellers with these changes you might consider reducing your eBay action and looking elsewhere.

Bidville.com has about a million listings (vs. about 12 million for eBay) and as a seller, it's a much better fee structure. There's eCrater.com that's nearly free and uses GoogleCheckout. (Also a lot better deal than Paypal)

So while eBay may be the only place you can find certain stuff I'd encourage you to spread your business around. The more competition, the better for all of us!

Hasta!

Scott

I'm just about done with ebay. I'm trying to resolve a bad purchase right now. I would love to see it fall for something better. I like craigslist, but that too has some problems. At least it's free. I'm onboard with the boycott, except I think I'll make it permanent. Think of how much time I could have to do better things like wrench on the Jeeps. :thumbsup:

it's technically a publicly owned company since it has shareholders. some of these shareholders have GOT to be sellers/buyers, which means they have a voice in the "company".

so, they should put a stop to the guy and say @#$% you to him.

i'm not paying for that, and i'm not selling to zero feedbackers AT ALL anymore IF i do use ebay.

this screws people, who like my dad, make their living off of ebay.

it's technically a publicly owned company since it has shareholders. some of these shareholders have GOT to be sellers/buyers, which means they have a voice in the "company".

so, they should put a stop to the guy and say @#$% you to him.

i'm not paying for that, and i'm not selling to zero feedbackers AT ALL anymore IF i do use ebay.

this screws people, who like my dad, make their living off of ebay.

Depends on how much is out for public offering. If he only put 49% out to the public, he can do like some people I know and say thank you for the use of your $$$ and do what he wants. Also the shareholders will also look at the bottom line and if they think everyone will B!$ch but just keep on using e-bay, they will back him up :cry:

I for one would not miss the "power sellers" at all.

After a bad experience with a power seller, and nothing resolved for the junk they were selling, I'll be glad to see it go back to the smaller, individual sellers.

We all see the same sellers, selling the same parts over and over, with ridicules shipping and handling charges, I for one don't even look at or bid on there items.

Maybe it's time for a change to rid some of the less scrupulous seller out of e-bay, and put some creditably back into the legitimate sellers.

When Ebay first started, I, like most others thought, "What a great idea. It's like swap meets used to be and you do it from home." It was mostly regular people selling their stuff. The sellers knew a little about what they were selling and seemed to feel a little responsibility toward make a proper sale. At the time I was looking for parts for an old motorcycle and ebay was great. I could enter my keywords, get about 10 - 20 hits and know real quick whether or not there was anything of interest to me.

Not any more. :mad:

Those same keywords will produce about 200 - 275 hits. Most of it is generic junk with my keywords spammed in. The rest is pure crap that should have stayed in the JY. I may still get a few hits from real sellers but not many. Ironically, this is the way swap meets have gone in the last few years too: Junk and commercial crap, with not much in between.

At least at a swap meet (flea market?) you can see what you are buying and are usually within arm's reach of the sellers throat- and he knows this. :thwak: