Liberty, I know I know...

UberFungi

Well, the pub seemed to dead so I decided to put this where the action is. Aside from my Comanche project my 92 Shadow is on its last legs and since my new job will require me to be traveling everyday I need something new. So I really wanted an SRT-4 cause I always wanted a fast car. But, for that much $ I think I can invest some where better (like in my Comanche:). Anyway I found a Liberty at a local used lot known for thier quality and quantity. http://www.blueknobauto.com/auto_detail.php3?id=19127 The more I look at these little guys the more I like them and the more I search the more cool stuff I find for them. They seem like they are steadily improving there offroad reputation since they came out. Now this being a daily driver I'm not gonna do much to it, yeah right. I'm not gonna beat it like I would the Comanche, but I wanna have some fun with it everynow and then. Wow this is dragging on. Anyway Gimme some input on what you fellow jeep nuts have to say about the little KJ. If you live in central pa you need to check these guys out. They had a black one with 19k on it for the same price but it sold while I was writing this post.http://www.blueknobauto.com/search.php3

Jeep On... Shane

And nobody go out and buy this one, I got first dibs :)

Behold the power of admin! :D

Anyway, my sis has had a Libby for over a year now and she likes it a lot. Never offroaded it though. This past weekend I wheeled with a ton of Jeepers and many of the Libby owners are absolute diehards about defending their vehicular choice. Oh, and when my dad's car is up next year, he's getting a diesel Libby. 300 ft-lbs, baby!! :D

Jeep on!

--Pete

My mom has had one for a little over a year. She likes it and servers her purpose. But that doesn't include wheelings. So I don't know how it does in that situation. I do know it does pretty damn good in heavy snow and pulls a boat pretty good. If I was going to buy one I'd be buying one with a diesel.

Not to be condescending towards the vehicle choice but there seems to be a trend here. My mom owns one...., my sister owns one....I thought these were particularly marketed and made to pull in more of the female buying group out there to the jeep name. Not a bad thing, just an observation.

You aren't the first to notice that. Jeep decided to make a more 'cute' Jeep to compete with the other small SUVs. As with minivans, if guys can get past their reservations, they will discover a fine vehicle (especially with that diesel). Too bad about the IFS, but I guess everything has moved that way now-a-days so I can hardly blame Jeep for eventually following suit.

Jeep on!

--Pete

Liberty owner here!, the KJ is a great daily driver. Its comfy with nice tight handling and lots of neat features, and an adult can even sit in the back seat. BTW I'm not a woman , but I do have 3 kids so I need to have room for them once in a while. I'm very happy with my little Libby! I plan on some mods soon but its still fairly new and I need to break it in a little more. They are IFS as you know and they take some work to find the right combo of lift and tires from what I understand, but maybe that would help keep it a daily driver instead of a project(part of the reason I bought mine :-D ).

Also, that looks like a good deal at that car lot but the 3.7 is not great on gas.

Well, the pub seemed to dead so I decided to put this where the action is. Aside from my Comanche project my 92 Shadow is on its last legs and since my new job will require me to be traveling everyday I need something new. So I really wanted an SRT-4 cause I always wanted a fast car. But, for that much $ I think I can invest some where better (like in my Comanche:). Anyway I found a Liberty at a local used lot known for thier quality and quantity. http://www.blueknobauto.com/auto_detail.php3?id=19127 The more I look at these little guys the more I like them and the more I search the more cool stuff I find for them. They seem like they are steadily improving there offroad reputation since they came out. Now this being a daily driver I'm not gonna do much to it, yeah right. I'm not gonna beat it like I would the Comanche, but I wanna have some fun with it everynow and then. Wow this is dragging on. Anyway Gimme some input on what you fellow jeep nuts have to say about the little KJ. If you live in central pa you need to check these guys out. They had a black one with 19k on it for the same price but it sold while I was writing this post.http://www.blueknobauto.com/search.php3

Jeep On... Shane

And nobody go out and buy this one, I got first dibs :)

Just say no to crack.

What whacked out crap would make anybody in his right mind buy one of those POS???

Just say no to crack.

What whacked out crap would make anybody in his right mind buy one of those POS???

A small, comfortable, modern 4x4, and oh yea,,,,, A DIESEL, jackass :wink:

But other than the fact that it uses the problematic transfercase design of the XJ's that rolled off the assembly lines with vibes, it can hardly be called a real jeep.

:P :P