88 comanche 5-speed 4x4 value?

komanche

no rust, been in florida all life 136,000 miles on motor with a blown tranny. needs paint and was wondering what its worth. interior needs cleaning, but has no rips or tears, bucket seats and air with just normal wear for age. this post is to get a ideal what mj's in this shape generally sell for. tks for any and all advice. ~ko

Unfortunately what I've learned is that "what they sell for" is all over the board, as is the opinions here of what someone would pay. Of course you've got Jeepco up in Wisconsin who buys them anywhere from $4.98 (and gets change back!) to $500 and they're usually pretty good. But he also, like me, would be willing to pay a lot more than most for what he believes is valuable, be it loaded w/factory options or a super clean body...or both. Other guys here wouldn't pay more than a grand for the nicest one around. But that's what makes this site fun, because like most things, if we all agreed it would get boring real quick! :cheers:

So starting with the obligatory "IMHO", rough guess would be $1000-$1500. Mileage is very good, tranny should be easy and fairly inexpensive to replace if you're willing to put an AW4 auto in or AX15 5 speed. Actually, most guys here will probably tell you to be glad the Pukegoat tranny is already dead so you can just get the replacement out of the way! :brows: Anyway, obviously a little harder to say w/out pics, but assuming as a Fla truck no rust, that adds significant value. Other goodies like full gauge pkg, D44 rear w/either tow pkg or Big Ton pkg, etc etc etc. Buckets and air are nice, but a lot of unknowns here otherwise.

May MJ came from FL also, 163,000 5speed and ran with puke, 4x4 and Sb, buckets, she was stock with decent tires of 235/75/R15 and I paid a $100, so up to you really but it's 4X4 so it is worth at least $500, no rust but native to FL so easy engine fatigue but not so bad mileage, has the welcome comforts of buckets and air nice if works, ax-15 swapped in only cost me $500 so offer $600 to $800 and put out for tyranny and maybe little lift to start you off and you have a decent start at about $1500. jamminz.gif

no rust, been in florida all life 136,000 miles on motor with a blown tranny. needs paint and was wondering what its worth. interior needs cleaning, but has no rips or tears, bucket seats and air with just normal wear for age. this post is to get a ideal what mj's in this shape generally sell for. tks for any and all advice. ~ko

What motor does it have? That will change what it's worth quite a bit.

Of course you've got Jeepco up in Wisconsin who buys them anywhere from $4.98 (and gets change back!) to $500 and they're usually pretty good.

...I think I may habe been payed to take one.... :nuts:

But he also, like me, would be willing to pay a lot more than most for what he believes is valuable, be it loaded w/factory options or a super clean body...or both.

amen brother

Other guys here wouldn't pay more than a grand for the nicest one around. But that's what makes this site fun, because like most things, if we all agreed it would get boring real quick! :cheers:

that's the unfortunate thing about it. a CLEAN body is the value. there are enough cherokees to build as many comanches as I want, so long as I have a clean MJ body to start with. honestly, the value of these trucks is the body, not the drivetrain. at least, that's the case in my opinion.

...my opinion may change a little if it's a 92 eliminator with full options (pl/pw, cruise, tilt, vent wing's, split rear, cargo lights, fogs, buckets) and 4x4 +dana 44 rear though :brows:

and as Correy said, what's the powertrain?

sorry guys, yes it has a 4.0 and is in palm city, fla. brought it as a fixer upper and was gonna ship it north until i found a cherry 88 pioneer 4.0 4x4 metric tonn with tow pkg that has not a lick of rust and drove from montana to new york like a dream(love this truck). was gonna ship the florida comanche north as a parts truck and wife is going nuts at the thought lol. so anybody in that area that has the patience for this kinda deal make a decent offer. this is not bs and serious replys only as i have no problem shipping north just thought somebody might be interested.~ko