AnotherOldJeepGuy Posted Wednesday at 10:03 PM Posted Wednesday at 10:03 PM Mine finally fell off today. The glue had to be pretty good stuff given the difficulty of sliding the center window back and forth and the fact it's been attached for 36 years. My first guess is the stuff you use to attach a rear view mirror, but I don't know if that stuff would survive pushing and pulling on it every day. I have the 3 window, sliding center configuration. I don't really know what is making it difficult to slide, I don't really see anything in there to generate the resistance, but the resistance is there none the less. I guess I can try squishing in a little bit of lithium grease in the bottom track, not sure that's the best approach for the top but maybe if I grease up the bottom a little the resistance should at least be less.
fiatslug87 Posted Wednesday at 10:43 PM Posted Wednesday at 10:43 PM I used rearview mirror adhesive and it's lasted quite a while although I don't use it much.
hgeranium Posted 21 hours ago Posted 21 hours ago Could somebody post a picture of what the latch actually looks like on their window? I have what I believe to be the latch (came in the glovebox when I bought the truck) but I want to make sure it’s just that singular latch glued on to the window and there’s not a piece broken or missing.
fiatslug87 Posted 20 hours ago Posted 20 hours ago 1 hour ago, hgeranium said: Could somebody post a picture of what the latch actually looks like on their window? I have what I believe to be the latch (came in the glovebox when I bought the truck) but I want to make sure it’s just that singular latch glued on to the window and there’s not a piece broken or missing. See this post about half way down.
hgeranium Posted 17 hours ago Posted 17 hours ago 3 hours ago, fiatslug87 said: See this post about half way down. Thanks! So from factory it's just held on by adhesive? I'm glad whichever PO it was ended up keeping the latch.
pizzaman09 Posted 13 hours ago Posted 13 hours ago I used Permatex rear view mirror adhesive, it worked perfectly.
AnotherOldJeepGuy Posted 12 hours ago Author Posted 12 hours ago I see both Permatex 81844 and Permatex 81840 "Extreme" out there. I am a bit challenged to believe one it really any better than the other, but they cost essentially the same and "Extreme" sound more cool, so I'll try that.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now