My First MJ

Here is my first vehicle (just happens to be a Comanche).I bought this '88 4.0l 2x4 with a 5spd. trans for $400. Interior is ripped out right now to fix rusted floors, probably going to use a bedliner or such for a covering. It has bucket seats and a tilt colum. Sony Xplod 6.5" in the doors and 6x9" in the rear panels. Also has Xplod cd player. This truck is going to be my daily driver until i get closer to graduation. Then If it doesn't go on me, I'm going to make it into an offroad rig. comments welcome.

more pics to come (sorry if they are dark, i took them in my garage tonight.)

• 2 weeks later...

upgrade wise, no. Just been fixing it up to a drivable state. I havent been home for the past couple weekends (dang partys) so i havent been able to work on it much. Got new floors into it though, gonna put bedliner and rubber mats for my interior.

• 1 month later...

Finally done with the interior jamminz.gif Havent been on here in forever :roll: Took me all winter cuz of basketball........ Herculined the bed also. Now I'm looking for some newer rims/tires for it, i'll put a post in the classifieds

• 4 months later...

Herculiner, worked pretty well. The only thing i have against it is that it is very soft, doesnt stand up to metal scraping on it (stove feet) or other things like that. Caution to those who use it, WEAR GLOVES!. It stained my hands black for about 2 weeks and i wasn't even trying to get it on me.

Here are some more random pics taken today. Getting the rust on the driver wheel well under control. Have replaced the track bar, steering arm. Still some death wobble on certain bumps, gonna replace the LCA bushings next. Then probably new shocks all the way around with new tires (gonna just go with a 235/75). Also just have some general sensors and easy stuff to replace engine wise. Then in 2 months I can finally drive it! jamminz.gif October 12 is the day....

Wheel Well

It looks kinda small.....

The audio system

the bedrails

thats it for now, I'll take some more when i get the rust fully repaired

Well, finally got the rust patched up. Pop riveted some sheet metal in, then put body filler over that to smooth it out. Looks alright for my first attempt at bodywork (i think). Besides its only a work/school truck for now. Probably get the tires on next week and check the LCA bushings. Also need to pick up some color-matched paint for the wheel well and some other touch-ups. Then school starts and I'm not going to have any time to work on it......