Went to the Car show today

mfpdm

So on my way to the JY, my son and me stopped off at the Car Show. Was wondering if maybe the Hummer HX was going to be there, but it wasn't. Here's a little Eye Candy.

Some old Muscle.

Only Jeep worth a picture, well uhm maybe.

Concepts

The last one struck me kinda funny. The whole roof is glass. If I remember right, it was a Lincoln concept with a glass roof that was the basis for the first BatMobile. :D

:cheers:

No can do. The show doesn't start until Friday so there won't be anyone there. But if they have any literature out, I'll be sure to score some.

My dad works for one of the display companies and so I can get in earlier than most. :D There are some downfalls to that though. Like if I would have gone last week, there probably wouldn't have been many cars, but plenty of boxes and crates everywhere. :roll:

As promised, here are some shots from the Detroit auto show. I missed the quiet of the pre-show atmosphere by a day and got caught in "supplier day". That wasn't as big a deal as the fact that many of the things I went to look at, weren't there or there was only one and it was up on a pedestal and I couldn't touch it. :(

Jeep's newest concept.

Closest I could get to the new Jeep pickup idea. This is a shot of the old M-80 concept. No, the actual vehicle wasn't there. :(

Hummer's newest concept:

Dodges new truck:

Some details of the Power Wagon. Man do I want one. Can you say lifetime drivetrain warranty? :D (although technically I haven't a clue if the lifetime covers that particular model. Not that it matters since I have a penny to spend on it. :( )

Just you wait, I'll be winning the lotto any day now... :D

No, showing me the "safety" elements in your tiny car doesn't make me feel any safer. :roll:

Saw one of these on the road the other day. Was wondering what it was. Turns out it's a ford.

Don't want to be the driver here. Not in Michigan at least.

info on the jt its not coming here anytime soon to my knowledge, but the J8 (the military version) has popped up in the 09 service portion of dealerconnect which is chrylsers tech website. i tried to get info on it but none was availbe. :cheers:

The j8 is used by israel and egypt only as far as i know. but ... that is a long way to go for parts so i wonder.... maybe there will be a jeep pickup in our future.

has anyone noticed that the jt concept looks exactly (almost) like the late 70's scrambler concept?