d-shaft length

I got a 5.5'' SOA with an 8.8 and 4.5'' front and standred driveshaft and flex out the rear an the trail and pulled it out and broke the yoke. So don't recommand getting to crazy on the trail with out new drive shaft or longer one. My local drive shaft shop told me they can extend the shaft about 2'' and balance it for about $150. So that being the econimcal route being more a daily driver but I'll be crazy with her so going to get SYE and new CV shafts. jamminz.gif

I got a 5.5'' SOA with an 8.8 and 4.5'' front and standred driveshaft and flex out the rear an the trail and pulled it out and broke the yoke. So don't recommand getting to crazy on the trail with out new drive shaft or longer one. My local drive shaft shop told me they can extend the shaft about 2'' and balance it for about $150. So that being the econimcal route being more a daily driver but I'll be crazy with her so going to get SYE and new CV shafts. jamminz.gif

Instead of extending the drive shaft I went the cheaper route by getting a longer GM slip yoke like Ebay item number 140183983775. Works fine if your u-joint operating angle isn't too severe.