This would be cool to have

mfpdm

this has shady written all over it.

1. this is not a postal jeep it is a cherokee Export model (postal xjs were all base model not sports or countries or even limited which...btw the limited wasnt offered in 1995 in the US )

2. it is set up for british mot specs not usa (for example the fender turn signal).

3. britian uses imperial miles which (correct me if I'm wrong ) varys a little with what we use so the speedo would likely be off albeit only a little.

4. why are they trying to sell it in the usa? our exchange rate sucks in comparison to pounds sterling. That is why a $5000 at best xj is going for 11k

5. Import taxes ...need i say more. you won't recieve the vehicle till its paid!

stay far far away from this one.

Oh be sure I have no intension of getting this. I just admire the great condition it is in with all the service records.(if they are true) Also the fact it would be fun driving around getting wierd looks from everyone. Although I believe you can't have a RHD as a personal vehicle in the states. :dunno:

And yes, he listed it in the title as postal, but in the write-up I didn't see it refered to again. I think the seller is trying to get the rural postal drivers attention with that line.

There is another factory RHD on there that is in the states and is set up for postal but not in that clean of condition.

I would never buy anything off ebay that is listed by an overseas seller, just because of all the scammers out there. And would definetly not buy a vehicle off there from anywhere unless I could drive by and kick the tires.

:cheers:

to my knowledge there is nothing against having right hand drive. it is however a pain in the arse to drive one till you get used to it.

rolls royce only made right hand drive till i believe the mid sixties so most of the classic RR's are RHD.

i doubt it is titled as postal .....logically wouldnt a british postal vehicle be left hand drive?

Although I believe you can't have a RHD as a personal vehicle in the states. :dunno:

Not sure where you got that idea.

I have two RHD vehicles, and both are registered in Kalifornistan. If you can do it here, you can do it anywhere.

Here's one of mine:

15390505-L.jpg

if I found a donor xj that was RHD, I'd be doing some firewall chopping and some frame rail replacement on the 3800. I've wanted RHD in ANY vehicle period for the longest time, but the 3800 would be awesome to RHD!

others use them as postal...

omix-ada purchased 288 XJ from the philippians. they have the dash for RHD. they also have thousands of surplus supplies for an XJ and some parts that fit MJ.

They are sponsoring the MJ build on the show.

http://www.omix-ada.com

I would order there catalog, cause the pics are real bad. tell them to send you the catalog that has the surplus XJ stuff.

Mike