exterior trim strip, front of window ('88)

The plastic trim at the front vertical edge of the driver's side window on my '88 is cracking and breaking.

This is the rearward side of the bar that separates the quarter glass from the window (see picture).

I've hunted and hunted online for it, but no phrase I use seems to get any hits.

Is this a piece that is reproduced?

2037788558_20240622_195944-Copy.jpg.772671cbbad8028e6d341e39da05e562.jpg

3 hours ago, fiatslug87 said:

Check this post.

"Glass Run Channels"

Dang, I'd have never been able to pull those words out of the  air to describe it. 

Many thanks!

This is the link from that thread for the part (Summit Racing):

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/PQP-GRB-6110-84

And I might as well get a set of those spiffy replacement taillights while I'm ordering...

I changed out every piece that I could find on my 89 XJ. The only seals that I could not find were The ones on the front a pillar and the wing window seals. I ended up changing to fixed front glass to eliminate the air leaks. The Precision website was helpful in determining the correct part numbers, even though I ordered most of it from Summit Racing.

https://www.prp.com/product/?subcategory=Door-Weatherstrip-Kit&catname=Front-Door

50 minutes ago, Htchevyii said:

I changed out every piece that I could find on my 89 XJ. The only seals that I could not find were The ones on the front a pillar and the wing window seals. I ended up changing to fixed front glass to eliminate the air leaks. The Precision website was helpful in determining the correct part numbers, even though I ordered most of it from Summit Racing.

https://www.prp.com/product/?subcategory=Door-Weatherstrip-Kit&catname=Front-Door

You used this kit after switching to fixed front glass? Looking to do this myself. I currently have fixed 2-piece, per door,  arrangement. Being it was sold as a base 2WD/2.5/4-spd I doubt it ever had wings.

4 hours ago, Gojira94 said:

You used this kit after switching to fixed front glass? Looking to do this myself. I currently have fixed 2-piece, per door,  arrangement. Being it was sold as a base 2WD/2.5/4-spd I doubt it ever had wings.

I did, the vent window had no effect on the rest of the seals. The fixed window seals don't look replaceable, but seem a lot less likely to leak that the opening vent. I wish that they sold replacements for the opening wing window.

22 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

That kit had one for the divider bar side of the fixed glass?

yes, It had every piece for the rear door. I snoozed and waited on ordering the front door kit because Summit Racing had it in stock and I was spending too much money at once. Wouldn't you know that when I went to order it, it was out of stock everywhere. I ended up having to piece it all together and it cost an extra hundred bucks or so.

45 minutes ago, Htchevyii said:

yes, It had every piece for the rear door. I snoozed and waited on ordering the front door kit because Summit Racing had it in stock and I was spending too much money at once. Wouldn't you know that when I went to order it, it was out of stock everywhere. I ended up having to piece it all together and it cost an extra hundred bucks or so.

Wow. And I couldn’t get anything on finding the channel for the fixed glass. Glass shop was not helpful. Chrysler catalog didn’t show it as a serviceable part nothin. Guess I should’ve looked at those kits.