I overheard a conversation in the parts store...

3 hours ago, 87MJTIM said:

I doubt that the name Comanche will get used again. The PC crowd has blocked the use of “culturally sensitive names “ by Big Business. Jeep is getting flack for Cherokee   

Of course I could be wrong. 

That's exactly what I was referring to earlier. I had heard a rumor about Jeep allegedly working on a smaller pickup about a year ago, perhaps something in line with a new "Rampage" or "Dakota", I guess. The first thought it that because of the whole thing about Cherokee being offensive, Comanche will never happen. They'd probably want to pick another name like "Commando" or "Scrambler" to sully with a Renegade-like truck. 

18 hours ago, 87MJTIM said:

I doubt that the name Comanche will get used again. The PC crowd has blocked the use of “culturally sensitive names “ by Big Business. Jeep is getting flack for Cherokee   

Of course I could be wrong. 

As with everything, the Left destroys everything it touches.

There’s a lot of people here getting pretty offended about the suggestion a company shouldn’t be making money off a name they don’t have the rights to use. The political right is just a parody of itself at this point. I’m sure you all would have a different view if they called it the Jeep Boeing and the good people over at Boeing weren’t super keen on Jeep using that name.

If there is a Stellantis competitor to the Maverick and Santa Cruz coming it’s probably going to be very similar to this:

image.png.f39fdb7f280be496a75bd194426af08e.png

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ram_Rampage

It’s currently only produced for the South American market, but its the same platform as the current Dodge Hornet and also the Compass. 
I have a hard time seeing a Jeep variant but you never know.

I’ve definitely seen Gladiators pulling much bigger trailers than you’d want to tow with an MJ. But you’re correct that most of them just have a bunch of junk strapped to an “overlander” cage in the bed. Not much different than a JLU. 

On 4/10/2024 at 9:31 PM, ghetdjc320 said:

This is true :laugh:. Happened several times searching for “Comanche” parts. Always thought it would be neat to own a Piper Comanche as well. Nice size planes

My dad went in with friends to own a Piper Comanche.  We would fly to visit the grandparents sometimes.

I never got the bug to get my pilots license but he did teach me the basics of how to fly it.

On 4/3/2024 at 1:14 AM, Spinnakerblue89 said:

What does MJ mean anyway? I like to tell my buddies that it stands for "My Jeep" for obvious reasons. I know XJ supposedly means Xperimental Jeep, but I recall seeing original AMC drawings claiming it to stand for Xciting Jeep. 

Master Jeep