Renix power window switches

I' not sure how many MJ's had power windows, but I'm sure that some of you have XJ's as well. I'm looking for a new master window switch for my 1989 XJ. The new ones are listed as 1991-1996, but look very similar to my 1989 one. Of course, every used one in eBay is listed as 1984-1996, are they in the know or ignorant? :laugh: thanks!

Screenshot 2024-02-27 073713.png

Its a 4 dr. I was wondering if it actually wouldn't work or was just a different color or trim. Mine is chrome and the replacements that I see listed for 91+ are black. I guess I'll order one and see. Maybe I can even pop the new switches into the old housing?

There's more to it -- The Renix era driver side switch panel backside thin copper connector 'sheet' (that ties the switch pins together for era specific wiring capability) is slightly different Renix to HO years. You'll want to find proper year switch assemblies or find HO year switches and swap that Renix thin panel backside sheet over. it's fairly fragile so good luck. Here's a pic of what I'm talking about, though 4 door XJ assembly.

copper .jpg

I found a picture of the back of the Standard ds1231. It sure looks like it's the same?

On 2/28/2024 at 5:43 AM, Gjeep said:

There's more to it -- The Renix era driver side switch panel backside thin copper connector 'sheet' (that ties the switch pins together for era specific wiring capability) is slightly different Renix to HO years. You'll want to find proper year switch assemblies or find HO year switches and swap that Renix thin panel backside sheet over. it's fairly fragile so good luck. Here's a pic of what I'm talking about, though 4 door XJ assembly.

copper .jpg

Screenshot 2024-02-29 091900.png