86 2.5L PS bracket upgrade

56 minutes ago, cruiser54 said:

Is there a write-up coming with photos, videos and narration? 

Not exactly. The closest there is for such right now is @SoCalManche build has the upgrade. I figured it out before he posted it and I sent him the bracket set up and he got it installed. I could do this to my 84 but I’d lose the PS level sensor for the system sentry. I only throw this out there cause I know how much of a PITA the belt tensioning set up is for the 86 model year and the new bracket changes the whole game for that. 

On 1/13/2024 at 6:57 AM, eaglescout526 said:

Not exactly. The closest there is for such right now is @SoCalManche build has the upgrade. I figured it out before he posted it and I sent him the bracket set up and he got it installed. I could do this to my 84 but I’d lose the PS level sensor for the system sentry. I only throw this out there cause I know how much of a PITA the belt tensioning set up is for the 86 model year and the new bracket changes the whole game for that. 

I'm not terribly certain, but I think I still have the old bracket and power steering pump. I can do a quick swap and then do a write-up of the upgrade since the MJ is chilling in the driveway these days (the bucking problem is out of control) and I daily my TJ.

I'm an 86 2.5L guy! I'd like to see a write-up on this bracket upgrade when you can SoCalManche.

Was not aware of this, thanks Eagle.

It took quite awhile to figure out how to change and adjust a new belt for a future project. Seemingly every manual out there glosses over 1986 trucks in regards to replacing drive belts.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/15/2024 at 3:15 PM, White_Comanche said:

I'm an 86 2.5L guy! I'd like to see a write-up on this bracket upgrade when you can SoCalManche.

Was not aware of this, thanks Eagle.

It took quite awhile to figure out how to change and adjust a new belt for a future project. Seemingly every manual out there glosses over 1986 trucks in regards to replacing drive belts.

The rain has left San Diego finally, so I can probably knock it out this week. I found my old bracket and pump, so It'll be a quick tutorial. Also reach out if you have any questions on the '86 2.5L. 2-3 years back I scoured the web for all the information I could, but I still find information for '86s not all that, well, informative.

Edited by SoCalManche
Adding additional info.